1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadspin]The Rockets Are A Miserable Basketball Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Apr 19, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

LOL, failed Algebra.. Excuse me while I'm studying for my finals for differential equations... you know a class where the prerequisites are Calculus I, Calculus II, and Calculus III.

You act as if Harden also broke the minutes per game record also. His usage is high because the man is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS off the ball. We are forced in a conundrum of a system where to utilize Harden's 'gifts' the team has to play this high turnover, low efficiency offense where everyone just stands around and watches Harden. He's no good in any other way. It's a recipe for having gaudy volume stats that all the nut huggers praise Harden for. The only reason why this team scores as many points as they do is because of pace. The pace the Rockets are forced to play with this **** of an offensive system also shoots themselves in the foot because the opponent gets to play that pace also except more efficiently. Compound the fast pace the Rockets play at with ATROCIOUS fast break defense and that is a recipe for disaster.

Harden would fold in a system like the Warriors or Spurs.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As always...fchowd0311 putting on quite a show. Grabbing my popcorn ASAP.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Don't worry guys, just wait for Maury to send out a tweet explaining it all away. He's just picking the flavor of the kool-aid right now.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This team looks like it is being coached by the BBS

Rocket River

5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The BBS would never lose its voice.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah... you have to love that Clutchfans arguments over statistics show much more passion than the actual team does on the court.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Oh that's cute, you're taking DiffEQ? I remember that course when I was finishing my math major. It's a lot of fun actually. Calc I-III are sort of distant for me, seeing as how I finished those my freshman year... of high school.

Harden is ball dominant because of the construction of the system. No one can create, that's what Ty was brought into to do but Ty failed. Harden wasn't completely wrong in asking management to bring in another guard to help him out. The problem is, Bev isn't enough, Ty was a defensive liability, and JET is OLD. Bev is a great backup, but long term he isn't the solution. The only way to drive Harden's usage down is to have a player who can create when Harden sits. The problem is, as soon as Harden sits we hit lulls. When Harden is on the floor I have no beef with him being the primary ball handler and scorer, but let's get his minutes down to 30 minutes a game. If we can do that then I will be in front of the mob of people who want his head for not playing defense. We can host mob meetings at my place if you want. Until we do, I can't fault him for being tired or making dumb mistakes.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

:grin:

10. fchowd0311

Well maybe, you should stop with the baseless accusations of 'failing algebra' just because of a disagreement about a ****ing NBA player. A math major huh? Are math majors that perspective of one's math abilities just from a forum post about an NBA player?

Not even basic algebra is requires to realize that Harden is a one trick pony who only will succeed in this league only with the ball in his hands and the freedom to set NBA records for turnovers. Unless he magically garners the work ethic to expand his game, no matter what talent surrounds him, that talent will eventually resort to standing around and watching him or occasionally have the dignified chance holding on to the ball at the top of the 3 pt line waiting for Harden to get free from his defender with his 'my defender is holding me' tussle while wasting 15 seconds on the shot clock.

And lol at the "that's cute" phrase. Congratulations, you are older than me.

Also, you seem to be a victim of low exceptions. Drop his minutes to 30?? The all time greats are the ones who can play 36+ minutes per game, be the man on offense and still be at the very least a competent defender. That's your expectation of Harden right? An all time great? If the organization has to baby him at the prime age of 26, I'm sorry, all that means is Harden doesn't have it in him to be an all-time great.

#30 fchowd0311, Apr 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

People are blaming the system as being the reason harden is ball dominant. The system is built around him because of the way he plays. That's just who he is. Ü can't have it both ways. He's just simply a ball dominant player. Bring in a Lin, bring in smith, bring in Lawson, bring in Thornton, guys that also need the ball in their hands to be effective yet they don't "fit" next to harden so they get sent out. But the rockets remain a bad team despite these changes.

12. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

god i hate feeling this way about the rockets.

we are just so hard to like. i still find myself stupidly rooting for them because i can't help it, but make no mistake we are a completely unlikable team.

13. maw7079

maw7079 Member

This guy deserves this team

14. maw7079

maw7079 Member

And Curry is not as bad defensively as Harden... NO ONE is

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Actually it was math and biochemistry. Also, getting my PhD in chemistry right now. Just sayin'.

What you are complaining about is the construction of the offense. That's coaching. That's why I wasn't heart broken to see McHale go, that's why I've said I wish JB had balls to hold players accountable and bench guys. Harden needs talent around him, but we also need a system that doesn't run the same old boring set of screens and then settles with a jumper or a half assed drive. I think if you have guys who can create you can not only bench Harden to reduce his minutes, but when he slacks off you can afford to bench him to make a point. That's not on Harden.

If those things do change, and Harden still makes his mistakes, then like I said I will be with you 100% on getting him the hell out of here.

16. fchowd0311

Maybe Kyrie or Lillard.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So we need a babysitter or father figure for a coach now too? **** that. That's on Harden. He's the best player and should be the ****ing leader.

Harden has run two talented playmakers off this team including Lin and Lawson. You think coaching is 100% at fault? Get real. You are giving Harden too little credit. I saw him ignore Ariza and another player during a 3 on one fast break yesterday only to get shut down driving to the rim. He chose to hold on to the ball and try to get to the line instead of passing the ball.

18. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

cant argue wit the article. gsw didnt even look stressed out there. we were playing on adrenaline here and there, while they just pedaled through the game. we didnt play with playoff intensity.

i compare this to what i saw during the okc/mavs game before ours. hate that im mentioning the mavs. Their 3 pg's were fighting injuries or something. barea sat the whole game. deron played as much as his brittle self could, but contributed. felton of all fcckin people was playing his ass off. they looked inspired by the playoffs. even that backup center from Tunisia manned up.

while Rox looked in regular season mode.

1 person likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Really don't care. I'm MechE...

My point is the system that the Rockets have in place is A RESULT of catering towards Harden's strengths.

Harden can only strive (and when I mean 'strive', I mean the gaudy volume stats that every fanboy brings up) with the current system in place.

I'm totally content with Harden staying on this team as long as he doesn't play batman and learns to adapt with the ball not in his hands at all times.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usage is part of it but some of those passes and turnovers are just from carelessness.