1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Deadline Fallout] Buy-outs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by val_modus, Feb 23, 2017.

1. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I am wondering if you pull a bad front office move, If you would call it getting philled, or dolaned.

2. sirjesse

Supporting Member

maybe its a philloan

3. Nook

Nook Member

Why?

Derrick Rose is not a part of the Knicks going forward.

I don't have an issue with them waiving him. He isn't the best locker room guy either.

He isn't a good basketball player. He is a below average NBA player. He is inefficient and TERRIBLE defensively. He isn't a good passer anymore, and he is a volume shooter. He is terrible from 3.

mikol13 and Vivi like this.
  4. sirjesse

Supporting Member

Phils Monday moves.....

* Dang it, why didn't anyone want Carmelo? Why are we stuck with him?
    * Brandon Jennings wants to play on a playoff team? Fine then, you are ejected!
    *Hmmmm.....that Derrick Rose guy, maybe we should just dump him and continue paying him.
    *That Dolan guy sure knew how to stand up to Oakley. I wish we had him backing up Rodman back in the day.
    *I wonder how Michael Jordan has made the Hornets more successful than the Knicks?
    *It was my zen that won it all! At least Dolan believes it!

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Now that he's gone I just have to say I'm so glad we didn't succeed in signing Bogut. Adding an alt-right guy to our team would have made it hard for me to root for them. There are few players I actually hate in today's league (in the 90s there were so many more obvious villains) but Bogut totally qualifies if only for his outspoken politics which are rather appalling. I understand why Morey would chase him but I'm so glad it didn't pan out.

Rashmon, Richie_Rich and DonKnock like this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Rockets probably watching for these guys first (priority being situational true big & 3 & D defender at wing)-

Koufus (unlikely with a year left)
    Jeff Green (expiring on a bad team)
    Jodie Meeks (same)
    James Johnson
    Luke Babbit
    Morrow
    Mike Scott
    Tiago Splitter
    Gerald Henderson (if Philly decides they aren't bringing him back next year)
    Brandon Rush

Then you have a few guys like Scola in play as veteran guys they want more or less as locker room guys who can fill in if they have an injury.

Some are unlikely, but its worth a wait for sure on a few of them. If they were able to pick up Tiago Splitter & Brandon Rush with the 3.5 mil in cap space they have I think they would call that a good day.

Jayzers_100, DonKnock and Little Bit like this.
  8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I want my entertainers, sports or big screen or small s the owners or screen other, suits, whatever - - to entertain me. I need not know their takes on anything away from my entertainment province.

When these folks do appear on the horizon of 'the rest of my day' and when they do it ala Shilling, as one unfortunate example, I am left empty and upset.

raining threes likes this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

Interesting

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I don't see anyone brought in who is not expected to benefit this year's putative run unless it's with an eye on next year. TJ? Sully? Why? Blatche? Mebbe. Scott? Hmm, still trying to figure him out???

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think the Isiah Taylor signing signals just that. I do think they will go after a guy or guys on that list, but as you said, I don't know if they will go after a guy that will sit on the end of their bench & not play if they also don't think they will be back next offseason. But a James Johnson I could see them wanting to bring back. Scola even... maybe as a veteran presence ALA Jason Terry his last couple years. Its hard to tell but I don't think they are JUST going to go after young guys to fill out their training camp roster for next year. I Def think they want to add a veteran they can count on... at least one.

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Awesome that we're not serious about Bogut, best news! So we want a big and wing, yet we sign a RGV young guy...

DonKnock likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

"He didn't choose us so ... well, we weren't that interested in that piece of trash scumbag anyways! Cleveland can have him!"

CDrex, BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Of course they'd say that now.

CDrex, RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  16. txn

txn Member

Watch, after all the Boguts rumors, Morey bring back Joey Dorsey
    [​IMG]

RasaqBoi and J.R. like this.
  17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Just to reiterate, this is exactly what we need to focus on to help the rebounding woes.

If you can't get a solid-rebounding big, then get help on perimeter defense. Like every position, the skill qualification is shooting the three at a respectable rate. By improving perimeter defense, opposing offenses cant break down the defense and require our only rebounding player on the floor to help stop the drive and sacrifice rebounding position.

Getting perimeter defense has a higher chance of messing up the chemistry on offense, though. At this point, Larry Sanders is worth the risk. I'd take him over Bogut anyway. One thing I'm not looking forward to: Kyle Korver's resurgence once Bogut is there to set those illegal screens for him. He moves well without the ball. It will be annoying to see again.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They already spent $20,000 on an app.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls plan to waive a guard - Isaiah Canaan or Michael Carter-Williams

Vivi likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wonder if the Pelicans are going to waive someone, Asik and Ajinca are literally glued to the bench every game now...they should just stretch at least one of them, probably Asik which is signed with that 10M contract for three more years, there's no way they can trade him unless they give away a 1st...