1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deadline Day Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by NJRocket, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

Say what? If he's continually going on about how much money he's lost, that's not whining? Good gawd man, when are you going to have that surgery?

2. gwayneco

http://www.cincypost.com/2002/jul/08/mccoy070802.html

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

he's not continually going on about it. he's been the owner here for 14 years. i'm thinking you've posted 4 articles or so....one of which was about the revenue sharing issue. for all your b****ing you've missed the point that payroll has actually increased...nearly every season he's been the owner.

4. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

5. MadMax

tha'ts the chronicle article about the same revenue sharing issue you posted the earlier article from 2002. you're really good at this. he's not complaining about fan support or players' salaries...he's complaining about baseball being the only sport in the country without effective revenue sharing.

6. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

How is that whining?

www.dictionary.com:

whine Audio pronunciation of "whine" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hwn, wn)
    v. whined, whin·ing, whines
    v. intr.

1. To utter a plaintive, high-pitched, protracted sound, as in pain, fear, supplication, or complaint.
    2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
    3. To produce a sustained noise of relatively high pitch: jet engines whining.

He's asked a question in an interview and he gave an honest answer. It's 170 millions dollars, it's a lot of money. "Fans" like you just feel that owners have an unlimited bag full of cash ready to hand out and it's important to win at all cost. Oh heck, why not just spend another 500 million for next year to ensure that we have the team to beat.

7. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Well, I hope this at least means that Burke/Scott will get to play on a more regular basis.

Let Lance sit, play Huff/Morgan at the corners, Scott in RF.
    have Burke alternate between CF (85%) and 2B (15%).

......................................................^ Hah.
    ...I need to get back into OOTP. :p

8. gwayneco

You people are so un*****ing believeable. Let me guess, you think the moon landings were faked too. Good freakin' grief, get yer heads outta Drayton's ass and maybe you'll have a clue.

9. MadMax

i know. we're all idiots because we don't see it the same way you do.

10. gwayneco

Sorry, but for a lawyer you are a complete r****d. He has a pattern of talking about how he's lost money, and the implication is that we should feel sorry for his ass. You people are the dumbest ****s imaginaeble. My God. Just pathetic. What a surprise from the Hezbollah Rockets fans at Jihadfans.net.

#230 gwayneco, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  11. MadMax

GEORGE IS GETTIN' UPSET!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

12. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

just ignore gwayneco, geico.

he knows nothing about baseball.. alalalalalala!

13. MadMax

well, written, bee gee. well said. it's always funny to me how often people misspell words when they're trying to convince someone how smart they are.

14. gwayneco

YOU WANTED LINKS. I GAVE YOU LINKS.

YEAH, FOCUS ON THE TYPO. MY GOD, THIS IS THE DUMBEST COLLECTION OF FANS ON THE WHOLE INTERNET.

#234 gwayneco, Jul 31, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2006
  15. toby

toby Member

This thread is getting side tracked, but . . . it is after the trade deadline.

16. compucomp

compucomp Member

What the hell does Hizbollah have to do with anything? Are you trying to parody Godwin's Law ?

17. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Wow some of you seem to be really, really spoiled by the success this team has had. God forbid they actually come down to earth after a few miraculous runs, and hell this season aint over yet so anything's possible.

I for one am glad no deal was made. After all the talk, all the rumours circulating the past few weeks, and most especially the past 24 hours, I was getting really scared and really frustrated that the team was gonna make a desperation move. Thankfully that didn't happen, and cooler heads (some of you take note) prevailed. I'd rather stick with the hand we got then to mortage our future away for players that might not help at all. I'd really like to see, now that all this s*** is over with, where the team goes from here. I swear I haven't heard so much speculation and so many (bad) rumours in a long while. To even consider trading someone like Oswalt (though I guess I can understand the club looking at all options available (I hope he understands that too). Let's see where this team ends, evaluate the players in the offseason, then make decisions that acutally make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.