1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DEAD] Osama Bin Laden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by s land balla, May 1, 2011.

1. xlr817

xlr817 Member

hahaha! I'm sure you also think 911 was staged by our evil U.S. Govt.:rolleyes:

2. Major

Major Member

This was the Obama statement that McCain (and the rest of the GOP) went nuts on:

"Let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains, that murdered 3,000 Americans," he said, continuing with resolve: "If we have actionable intelligence about high-valued terrorist targets and President Musharraf will not act, we will."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2008/02/20/4438617-mccain-paints-obama-as-too-hawkish

Agreed - and if McCain was President, I don't think he would have done anything differently. But it shows you how silly the attacks were in the first place.

3. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Who friggin' cares! I'm glad we killed the crazy b*stard! So you want to be gentle with a lunatic who murdered ALOT of innocent peolple including your fellow Muslims! Just stupid logic, let him rot in jail so we tax payers pay for his free room & board!:rolleyes:

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Well, then it was very nice of Obama to tell us this information in contrast to the last president who then lied to us about it. :p

5. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There have been a lot of silly politically motivated attacks these past 10 years. Perhaps we can get past that now, or at least recognize what might have been accomplished had we all been pulling on the same oar from the beginning.

6. xlr817

xlr817 Member

DD- I agree! A 9mm NATO round(if this is what the SEALS use) to the head of a mad man is good enough for me! Score one for the U.S.A.:)

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

I agree, for the most part. But afterward, he would've walked out on the White House lawn and screamed at those revelers to get the hell off his lawn.

8. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Don't worry the fish will make him into a Happy Meal!:)

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Where does this come from? My roommate is spewing this stuff.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...H5GTEg?docId=64273c49498c4331bd1c50206122d760

Rendition and enhanced interrogation at Guantanamo leading to intelligence leading to an assassination.

Sounds like everything the D&D has railed against since 9/11.

11. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Yeah, although I was really more perturbed at the implication that the clerics were still considering him a muslim at all. Some weirdness going on there.

12. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

To answer your question...Look it up. Do your own independent research from what the mainstream media is feeding you.

And for the the record, I have no idea who your roommate is.

13. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Since September 11th, the vast majority of attacks supposedly perpetrated by Al Qaeda have been directed at overseas targets.

A handful of them were foiled attacks on or in the US, but the rest were on foreign soil. I liked it better that way.

And no, they wouldn't be less upset if we put him on trial and then executed him. The point is that in America, we believe in trial by jury. Going into someone's house in the middle of the night and shooting them is something a terrorist would do.

Some would argue an eye for an eye in this case, but that's a religious conversation. If his religious belief is that we should die, and our religious belief is that he should die, how are we any different?

I think liberals and conservatives are weak-minded at times because they're both afraid to stray too far from the opinions of the people around them and risk being labelled enemies. "You don't believe like we do? You're one of them!"

I applaud you for being Ronny.

I hadn't heard that, but if true, I agree. If he was offered a chance to surrender and chose to fight, he becomes a combatant and deserves whatever happens to him.

I'm glad that no Americans were hurt or killed in the operation, but their lives were being risked by going in at all. They knew the risk and went anyway.

I don't see how trying him would have been difficult. Americans are parading in the streets right now because he's dead, leaders around the world agree that his death is a good thing, do you really think anyone would have come out to protest his execution?

Don't get me wrong, I know he deserved to die and I would be glad if I thought it changed anything. My preference is that he was captured, tried, and then sentenced to death.

At this point, I'm just worried about what's going to happen to Americans here and stationed overseas.

1 person likes this.
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>
    Indeed, do your research. All the evidence is right here: www.therealtruth.com
    <BR>

And for the record, I *do* know who your roommate is. But I'm not about to tell you.<BR><BR>

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

16. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Ok...you win.

Obama is great

Gas will go back down under $2 a gallon

Unemployment will be cut in half

The wars in the middle east will end

/sarcasm

17. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Didn't he made a video right before the '08 election in which he mentioned the name Obama?

If you are gonna say that he has been dead, at least say dead since '07 or '08. 9 years ago has to be false.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Or at least recognize what might have been accomplished sooner had we not been sidetracked in Iraq.

19. dmc89

dmc89 Member

You must've misread my post. I'm not even arguing about how OBL died.

I would've preferred for him to come to trial, but the political reality (Eric Holder caving into pressure for military tribunals) and the military logistics (~25 soldiers vs. several armed men in the middle of the night) lead to OBL being shot.

Besides, you're confusing Rule of Law with being gentle. Granted, two 5.56mm rounds blowing through your frontal bone probably hurts, but spending the rest of your life in solitary confinement in a place like USP Florence ADMAX is somewhat uncomfortable too.

Who cares? Those who want the National Security state, politics of fear, military industrial complex culture, war profiteering, huge number of overseas bases, and fighting of multiple wars - all instituted under the neoconservatives and carried on by the current admin to finally end.

This event boosted Americans' spirits, and if it leads to the massive policy rollbacks as I've listed above, I've no problem. These surgical stealth operations work great. In concurrence with a greater Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia program to bring greater freedom by not supporting Cold War government-frameworks, better education for men and women, job opportunities, and a re-evaluation of our Israeli policy, we can 'win' this War on Terror.

Some are optimistic that this event signals a change in the way we'll fight these wars; I think it will propel the Bush era policies even more.

20. xlr817

xlr817 Member

Good points dmc! But I still think that keeping him jailed would still inflamed his evil followers around the world & ultimately, American tax payers will get the bill for keeping him alive! So damned if you do, damned if you don't!