1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket talk - The decision 2011

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 13, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hi everyone,

It seems like it was time for another episode of Rox Talk.

It has been a while and a lot of soul searching about this team, and what to do with it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlD3zS2HQOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UlD3zS2HQOY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is sort of an overall view of the roster, I personally do not think any decision on the direction this team will go will be made before the trade deadline, and based upon what deals are available to DM at the deadline, that will be the deciding factor on where to go.

Lots of positives so far, and some things about overloaded and unbalanced rosters.

I apologize for the length, didn't realize it was 14 minutes, but when I start talking Rox, it is easy to go all day.

Comments are always welcome, even the negative ones if they are helpful in nature, I will be repping any quality comment.

Thanks for watching.....and thanks to Clutch for letting me post it here on his site.

GO ROCKETS !

DD

#1 DaDakota, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    13 people like this.
  2. Moahst

Moahst Member

Agreed for the most part. Big trades needed.

1 person likes this.
  3. gah

gah Member

But how do you know? did you watch the video in 2 minutes? What superpowers do you have? :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

Some people watched it when I put it up on YouTube before I posted it here.

DD

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

FinallY!! FINALLY FINALLY. its been forever.

1 person likes this.
  6. trustme

trustme Member

You actually watched it??

7. aicedo

aicedo Member

another great video DD!!! I agree that the Rockets are in a bind. They are stuck between making that push to the playoffs with our vets or letting the young get some quality mins. You also stated that maybe we have to many good players on our roster which doesn't give us a chance to look at some other guys but I think it's the gms job to have the best players possible so the next guy in line can step up in case of an injury which Houston fans know about.

1 person likes this.
  8. DaDakota

Thank you for the kind words, and all of what you say is true, my point was that when you have 15 rotational players, you do not have the flexibility to find those hidden gems in the D-league.

Players that might help like Mike Harris, or Chuck Hayes for that matter.

Right now, Sean Williams is there, and he is better on defense than any center we have on our roster, and would help this team a lot, but we have 15 good players, and can't afford to let any of them go as we might need them in any big trade, depending upon what our trade partners is looking for.

I just hope we can trim our roster in a trade, and pick up guys like him for a good look.

DD

9. Defy9

Defy9 Member

I just watched it and I do agree for the most part, especially at the start where we should still TRY and make the playoffs until the deadline. At this point though I do want to see the young guys get played more, but I still don't want to watch losing basketball...So like many of you I guess i'm stuck in the middle as well.

I really have a tough time imagining the team without Shane Battier, I mean I want to see T-Will get some minutes but trading away Battier just seems wrong, it won't deny it might work out better in the long run but I just can't see the Rockets without Battier.

Good to see you gave props to Courtney Lee and PP as well. I know Chase has picked up his shooting lately but his defence is still atrocious, every time he's on the court you can see the other team attack him and more then likely score, which is pathetic.

Basically, back to what I said at the start...if we aren't in a decent position at the trade deadline then play the young guys, at least then we get to see our potential new team play rather then just watch losing basketball for the remainder of the year.

1 person likes this.
  10. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

DUDE, did u loose weight!? u look great! :p....i had to be the first one to do it DD..some1 always does! :)

1 person likes this.
  11. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

lose** and great vid.

12. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Entertaining and great effort as usual! Good stuff DD!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Morey is doing the best he can with what he has. Expect a trade to come from NOWHERE! Like he usually does.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Show some team pride and wear a Rocket's cap or jersey.

;)

1 person likes this.
  15. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Well done, DD. (One star.)

1 person likes this.
  16. DaDakota

You know that is a great point, I could do that, as a reference point all those bobble heads behind me are Rox.

;)

Except for Berkman, Roy and Chumlee.

LOL - well played my good man, well played.

DD

17. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

Always good as usual DD. Very good poster!

1 person likes this.
  18. delta69er

delta69er Member

I've always wondered what you looked like DD ;) haha but anyhoo good vid, I agree for the most part

1 person likes this.
  19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Good points made.

Here are a few thoughts I have.
    Scola-Yes, he is 30 yrs old, but he is the type of player that won't lose anything over the next 3-4 yrs. He doesn't use great speed or athleticism to beat his man, so I think he can be very effective offensively for a long time. Also, Scola is our only big man who can really go to work with his back to the basket. How many times a game does scola get the ball with about 8 seconds left on the shot clock and he makes something out of nothing. We really don't have any other big men who can do this. Patterson might be able to fill this role, but we haven't seen enough of him yet to know.

Hill-I think this guy will always be seen a a project. Like you said, he is just not consistent. He looks lost out there half the time, and I think his days in our rotation, or maybe even on the team are numbered.

Patterson-He looked good in the summer league games, and he is looking great so far this year. I think Patterson may prove that a young player can be consistent, and I think he will have some monster games once he gets some significant minutes.

Lowry-He is the best all round point guard we have, and I don't see him getting traded. I don't think we over paid this guy at all.

Ish Smith-I agree, he needs to go to D-league. I think he can be a great backup to Lowry.

Lee-He could start.

Brooks and Martin-trade one of these guys if we can get someone to play center, they both play the same position anyway.

20. trustme

trustme Member

Look at all these one green bar posters coming in here trying to get some rep points from DD. Sooooooooo obvious.