1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket Talk - Portland vs Houston (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 16, 2009.

1. logicx

logicx Member

DD, what did you mean when you said you want a back and forth show? Like back and forth w/ video?

2. jedicro

jedicro Member

Very nice. Never heard of Conquest, but I know Wing Commander's reputation. Color me impressed.

Strangely though, looking through the credits there is no one named DaDakota listed. Hmm.. :p

Are you still in the game industry or have you moved on? Also, are you exclusively a PC gamer?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, back and forth talk with video......would be great....

Yes, I am still in it, currently I work for a facial animation company called Image Metrics, we do all the facial work for the GTA series...all those cut scenes etc.

DD

4. DaDakota

Sorry, I missed this....

1. - Agree - trade him in off season or during season
    2. - Agree - sign and trade
    3. - Disagree - let's build around him with complimentary players
    4. - Disagree - He is getting a lot out of a roster that doesnt' fit his style.
    5. - Agree - Mike Bibby or Andre Miller would be my choice
    6. - Agree - Try to get them in a trade for Tmac or Ron in S&T
    7. - Disagree - reload

I think the team is not that far away, but the pieces do not compliment each other well, Morey has been turning over the roster since JVG left and it will work, it just takes time.

One more offseason of Morey Magic and boom goes the dynamite !

And Rockets in 6 (but it is my heart talking)....

DD

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I know Yao is an imperfect player, but he is such a nice guy I feel sorry for him. Since he has been in the NBA I don't think he has had a coach who really knows how to use his abilities to their best advantage. And he certainly hasn't had the right mix of complimentary players to make him truly dangerous. For example, a guard who can really score the ball on a consistent basis from anywhere on the court. A hot shooter would simply destroy any attempt to shut Yao down. I think the Rockets have had their chance and should give him a chance before his career is over.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

DD most enjoyable! You are getting better every time you do this! :p

1 person likes this.
  7. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

you should be a jockey

8. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

Good stuff man.. we need to hook you up with a little intro video!

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

yeah, they are getting better. I learned that you can change votes, so I'm giving all of DD's videos five stars so he doesn't get upset and quit doing them.

but I can't give DD magical Shamrock points :(

10. mikedunn08

mikedunn08 Member

11. DaDakota

Thanks a lot fellas, I enjoy doing the vids, and hope they are somewhat fun(ny)....

Thanks for the comments, and Across, you got Shamrock from me baby !

You too Yetti !

DD

12. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Top shelf DD, great job. This series concerns me because if we lose it will most certainly be time to reload, blow it up, or whatever else you want to call it. I don't think Yao is going to wait that out. Centers are so hard to come by it could be years before we recover.

With that being said, Rockets in 6 IF we win tonight.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good video, DD. I agree about the bench being crucial to this series.
    I think we have the better mix on the bench than Portland. We have a nice combination of offensive and defensive players, while Portland has a group of efficient offensive players. I think defense will be more important.