1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DayCare: Summer brings child care woes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, May 30, 2007.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

just wait till they hit puberty, thats when the hardware problems begin...

ba-doom-ching!

thank you thank you, I'll be here all week. try the veal!

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

video goodness

3. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

I'm coming late to this thread but my recommendation would be to encourage more companies to offer day care and offer tax incentives for them to do so. At the same time encourage flex time and telecommuting so parents can still stay at home and work. While it would be great for one parent to stay home and spend full time on child care while as noted it is hard for many families to take that hit to their own incom but that would be a drag on our economy to remove productive people from the economy.

I think there are many other solutions to address childcare for instance there are many elderly who while not working full time might be willing and capable of providing child care. This would also help keep elderly active while maybe helping to foster more intergenerational respect.

As for having churches provide child care I've got no problem with that as long as they aren't recieving direct funding from the government for it.