1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David West just went down with a major injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arjun, Mar 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's business, not personal

get over it

2. Treeza

Treeza Member

Following the rockets in recent years, we know how much injuries suck...

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Karma is probably why West got injured in the first place. Dude's a douche.

... Well to be fair, I haven't watched him play a full game in a long while, but the last few times I did, he was pretty dirty. And it's not like he was aggressive and tough, he was just dirty.

Still wouldn't wish injury upon him, and I feel bad for Hornets fans, too... but... yeah.

4. drc3906

drc3906 Member

I think some people on this board are just trying to start a fight and some drama. I don't think arjun was meaning that he wishes harm on David West...it doesn't read that way. I do think some are trying to let lose on their immaturity. Come on kids, talk Rockets and save it for the middle school playground. It's not like you are going to meet each other and fight...unless you can punch someone though the computer...sometimes I wish I can do that, lol.

1 person likes this.
  5. cujo

cujo Member

He's not my favorite player, but seeing an injury like that to any player really sucks. Hope it is not as serious as it looks.

6. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

LOL! You know you're just doing what he wants by steering the conversation towards penises

7. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Bad luck for David West but I have no sympathies for other teams who lose one of their stars. We have been without one or the other for the last 5 years.

This could be the break we needed but then again they have Landry.

8. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Its all good dude, you can come out. Its ok these days.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

well, they have a guy named Carl Landry and he might make the most out of it.

10. ryl

ryl Member

wouldn't be surprised if it was multiligamentous injury... probably hurt the acl, meniscus, maybe mcl. looks painful

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

We can only hope that this makes NOH drop out. But we also thought the same thing when MEM lost Rudy Gay or when DEN traded away CAnthony.

NOH and MEM falling by the wayside are pretty much our only hope, couples with no letdown in our strong play.

12. CincyRocket

CincyRocket Member

Everyone here is missing the point: Ty Corbin is the one who is mentally challenged... wield your anger towards him. In case you missed it Jazz up my 1 point with Milsap at the line for second free throw. Meanwhile only 1.4 seconds in the game and Hornets have no time outs.

Instead of missing on purpose!!!! Milsap makes it, goes up by 2 then Emeka hits a miracle shot on a touchdown pass.

Miss the freaking free throw on purpose!!!!! We would have been down only 2 games to Orleans, with a head/head matchup coming up.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL I did, and AB was going 10 miles under the screen and getting lit up

14. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Lol, I hate posts like this..such certainty.... I bet Bill Worrell wants to slap drexler in the mouth every time he says "you jinxed him". :grin:

15. rocketsmetalspd

Exactly and she has tried to be cruel lately to some teams. Rockets have had a brief stop lately with Scola going out for 5 games and Chase being out for 1. I hope she is done with the team.:grin:

16. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Not happy to see anyone get injured, but Memphis was playing to great, I was starting to get nervous, but now that New Orleans Main Scorer is out, this looks like AWESOME news for Houston Fans! New orleans Fear Houston!

17. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Link

Hornets' West out indefinitely?

The New Orleans Hornets got by the Utah Jazz in overtime, 121-117, last night, after losing power forward David West(notes) to a left-knee injury with 22.5 seconds left in regulation. West went down on "a driving slam dunk" with "left knee trauma," the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports, and could be lost "for an extended period of time."

The paper notes that X-rays were negative and an MRI is scheduled for today.

After the game, the paper notes, "West was laid out on a training table in the dressing room, his knee encased in ice, in obvious pain, his face covered by a towel. A large immobilizing splint and a pair of crutches were brought into the locker room."

The Hornets are currently hanging onto the seventh playoff spot in the Western Conference. West has been a key part, averaging 18.9 points, 7.6 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.

Hopefully they inform us of those MRI results sooner rather than later.

Pugs

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Everybody read this. Corbin even admitted he blew the game.

19. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

I give you props for this, bro. Hard to admit something like this, but you could have kept it to yourself and you didn't. Good for you.

I know most people really don't care, but I wish they would realize that using the term 'r****d' like they have is EXTREMELY hurtful to those who personally know someone who truly is mentally r****ded, and especially to those who have family like that. I'll be honest, I never thought anything of it high school until I met one of my friend's sister who was mentally r****ded. From that day forward, I've never used that term again like they are using it now. I don't keep in touch with that friend anymore, but that lesson will live with me for the rest of my life, and I'm thankful for it.

I'm not getting in anyone's grill, but I would make one plea with all of you--please think about those you will offend by posting the comments that some of you have made.

20. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Very Unfortunate...He was due for a big contract this offseason...I know on a personal note, he's wondering about the aftermath of this injury..To the guys making fun of "people of special needs", Not cool mane...Not cool....smh