1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Thorpe: Parsons is the best defender of K.Durant I've ever seen

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by sks123, Mar 21, 2012.

?

Will Parsons be a better defender than Battier?

1. Yes

138 vote(s)
    43.1%
  2. No

110 vote(s)
    34.4%
  3. He will eventually be better

72 vote(s)
    22.5%
  1. Rockets Tehk

Rockets Tehk Member

very impressed with Parsons. I hope to see him and Montajunas play together. Speaking of which, when is the European season over?

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

can your sig be anymore obnoxious?

And how does ft% have anything to do with your argument?

1 person likes this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Holy crap get rid of your signature.

Nobody cares who you like or don't like in this forum.

2 people like this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So true. I was just going to post exactly the same thing.

5. Nero

Nero Member

a rookie here less than three months, to boot

:rolleyes: I say.. :rolleyes: !

6. senter

senter Member

This times a hundred.

You've been a member for 2 months. No. One. Cares.

1 person likes this.
  7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is this the only guy that ever likes Rocket players?

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Apparently not. Just ask Kobe!

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

1st game: Buddinger was the starter against the Thunder in which Durant shot 62.5% with 1 turnover. Rockets lose by 15

2nd game: Parson's first start as a rookie and a back to back game with the first game. Durant shot 40% with 5 turnovers. Rockets lose by 3, Parsons has highest +/- for team at + 14

3rd game: Durant shoots 46.2% including 2-7 from 3 with 4 turnovers. Parsons scores 14 on 50% shooting, Rockets win by 1

4th game: Durant shoots 44.4%, 4 turnovers Rockets win by 1, Parsons scores 21 on 9-16 shooting to go with 6 assists and 7 rebounds.

With Parsons as a starter, Durant averaged 43.53% shooting compared to his season avg of 49.4%.

Of course the stats here don't reflect that Parson's wasn't the only one matched up on Durant in all of these games 100% of the time. If you watched the games it was pretty clear in the last 2 matchups how much of an effect Parson's was having on Durant beyond the stats though.

2 people like this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Parsons actually defends what Durant does very well -- jump shots.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not only on Durant, he's one of the most disciplined one on one defenders I've ever watched. Remind me so much of Batter, always under great control, knows where on the court to force the opponent, hands up all the time.

12. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

First off, we dont know if Morris is ready because he hasnt had a significant chance from Mchale. If Adelman's lone flaw in clutchfans is he didnt play young guys, then Mchale should be held accountable for not giving Morris a reasonable shot at cracking rotation. The same risk he'd take playing Morris is the same risk he took playing Bud when he couldnt play D or hit the side of a barn.

Marcus Morris should've never been in the D-league to begin with

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Parsons did a fantastic job on Kobe yesterday.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I think Kobe was just really off. Kobe seemed to have a lot of open shots after crossing Parsons.

That said, Parsons is my favorite player right now. Got him and his 65 overall self on my nba2k roster. :grin:

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

please read this rookie ladder report and email Drew Packham. Ask him why Leonard is #8, but Parsons is not on the list. It's a freaking joke.

http://www.nba.com/rookie-ladder/

opps. this was posted in the NBA forum. sorry.

#35 Aruba77, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The only really open shot I remember is when Kobe pulled that sick behind the back move to get the open shot in the lane. But my memory is not what it used to be.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure if you saw Kobe hit the most difficult shots known to man that ended up giving the Lakers a chance at coming back after the Parsons, Dragic, and Lee 3's. What Parson's did that was so great was he forced valuable seconds off the shot clock.

Even though Kobe was going to make those shots hell or high water, he had to take valuable seconds off the clock to get them off. Kobe last night, was how Kobe always is. He is going to take 20+ shots a night, but in the last minute or two he cant be stopped one on one, or even two on one. There is nobody in the NBA, besides maybe DRose, or Durant now that can do make shots like that consistently at the end of games.

That being said, kudos to Parsons for playing him the way he played him at the end that forced Kobe to take valuable seconds off the clock to play the shot clock and ultimately win the game.

18. sks123

sks123 Member

I could have worded the question and the answers better but I dont know how to edit it. I mean is he better now? or will he better than Battier if you compare both during their primes. Poorly worded Q and I tried to fix it right away, sorry for the confusion.

19. AFS

AFS Member

Can anybody post the whole article for those of us without insider?

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

hasnt touched nba court yet .