1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Thorpe: Marcus Morris can play (the three) !

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jun 25, 2011.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Woah....pump your brakes, kid...ppl throw out these names & they forget how good players like Glenn Robinson were....

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I predict he'll average 14/6/3 in his first season, and go up from there.

3. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

Hopefully he is able to create and exploit the mismatches that he will have when he plays the 3

4. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

You gotta love youtube's closed captioning...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. RedRocket15

RedRocket15 Member

That would be awesome, but Morey said its gonna be hard for the Rookies to get minutes, let alone a starting role.

6. psingh34

psingh34 Member

i think that is true with just about every move morey makes for the most part we all disliked the brooks pick, lowry trade, pat. patterson pick, kmart trade and this pick but then eventually we see what morey sees ... what i like the most about him is that he wont make a move if he thinks its dumb no matter how much pressure he has to make a move and he doesnt just do stuff to ensure he has a job.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This kid has the same physical attributes as Ron Ron. So if he can handle the rock, we could be set at the 3 for a while. I'm pumped.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Imagine if that is true. I wanted us to keep Artest so bad but he was just a bit to whacked. But Ron was a crazy warrior. And Marcus doesn't seem to be crazy. So if he can just bring the warrior we got the steal of the draft unless DMO turns out to be a bigger steal. Morey is learning.

9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ron was a small feisty guy when he joined the league. I like Marcus, but I don't think Ron Ron is a very appropriate comparison considering Ron Ron is big now because of years of putting on pure muscle where as Marcus doesn't have an NBA body yet. Plus, Ron Ron never had the efficiency nor the post moves of Morris - Artest was just an aggressive ballhawk....but getting back to pure size, there is a difference between a kid who has never been a professional athlete weighing 230 and a professional athlete of a decade who weighs that much...and according to the interweb Artest is 260!

10. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Um....I think Phoenix couldn't tell which was which at some point and drafted the wrong twin.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That would be a budding all-star, I doubt as a rookie he gets that much playing time.

Unless there is significant roster turnover.

DD

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Morey seems to think that he'll have a tough time getting playing time next year but he'll eventually be one of our best players.

I think he'll start like Patterson, very little playing time and then something happens where we just can't keep him out of the rotation. If he makes the 3 his position and plays well, than he may be in the rotation out of preseason. If there is one.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Artest's toughness is sorely missed. I remember one game against the Lakers where that punk, Barnes, pretty much went WWF against C-Bud. Two things came across my mind: one, will Bud retaliate a couple of plays later; two, will anybody stand up for Bud. Sadly, neither of those two things happen.

Look, I like this team, but one thing must be said: IT IS SOFT!

One guy can change the attitude of an entire team, and I believe Marcus Morris can be that guy. Like you said, he is not crazy like Artest, but I doubt very much Barnes, the punk, would do that kind of chit against Morris.

14. Outlier

Outlier Member

Can't stop watching this guy's highlights! They're more entertaining than Rubio's. This guy has elite skills.

15. Htown's2kFinest

He showed show nice handles but dribbling in a open gym by himself is nothing compared to doing it in a real game. You have any more videos of him showing off his ball-handling skills besides the Pro-Am videos?

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The good thing about Marcus Morris is his toughness. He is not definitely not soft. He has a reputation of being a dirty player not afraid to dish out fouls. He could definitely be the first guy to defend another teammate.

I could definitely see McHale putting Morris in the game for some toughness, if Budinger gets bullied.

http://m.kansan.com/news/2011/mar/10/marcus-morris-showing-why-he-was-named-big-12-play/

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2010/dec/23/bruise-cruise-jayhawks-win-chippy-contest/

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Unfortunately that scenario could well happen in the event of an extended lockout. If the season does not start until January or February, there will be little to no time for rookies to learn the system. Granted, we have new coaches, but McHale has said he is not going to ditch Aldeman's offense.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

With all these comparisons.... I wonder if Marcus Morris might become:

[​IMG]

19. Lowry4three

Lowry4three Member

our coach isnt adelman anymore, hes going to get minutes from the get go simply because we dont have a backup three

20. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

With the #14, the only 2 players I wanted were Marcus Morris and Donatas. i DID NOT want Leonard at the 14. If leonard fell to #23, then i was ok with it, but still preferred Donatas to him.

Morris was an absolute steal at #14. Donatas was a complete steal for us as well.

I have saved all of the media grades, and cannot wait to send them their ignorance very soon.

i was blown away by all the negativity by the Morris pick. I mean, WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE?????

In the end, Morey haters will hate just to hate.