1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern picks Kevin Love as replacement for Yao Ming

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 4, 2011.

1. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Well his awesome rebounding sure isn't helping his team. And that's what I thought mattered. He just got torched by Amir Johnson and Andrea Bargnani tonight and they lost solely because of his and Darko's poor defense. How the hell can anyone celebrate his "achievement" when he and his team just lost to the freaking Raptors?

2. AB423

AB423 Member

21/15, thats all I gotta see.

3. MemphisX

MemphisX Contributing Member

How do you explain him getting picked over ZBo who is averaging 20/13, two time player of the week and player of the month on a winning team.

Interesting that this is the first season that wins and losses don't matter. I guess the Love ass kissing media tour this season worked. Always good to have the media hyping your empty numbers when 50% of them come in garbage time.

The smoking gun in all this is that you are 21/15 on a horrible team and nobody in the NBA feels the need to double team you.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

zach randolph anyone?

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well deserved IMO.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

All-Star is an individual award, not a team award. Love is doing amazing things on the court.

7. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I agree with you on that one. Between Zach and Love it's tough... it's strange why Zbo did not get his name mentioned much.... My argument was between Love and Aldridge and I picked Love between him... it would be much tougher for me to pick between Zbo and Love.

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Like he didn't pick every single player on the All-star team.

9. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Zach isnt getting mentioned as much because of his reputation which isn't fair but it is what it is.

10. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Aldridge or monta ellis shouldve been picked not the best player on the worst team

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

love can sell more jerseys than those guys....$tern's simply pandering to the caucasian segment of the nba fanbase

12. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

get r done Morey

13. AXG

AXG Member

Where is there a rule that says you have to be on a winning team to be an All-Star? Kevin Love deserves it. 21-15 is amazing no matter who you are. If anything, Tim Duncan shouldn't be on the team. Maybe he'll sit since he's pretty much useless in an ASG. Plus, he's been there 13 times already. He might rest and let Aldridge.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

LMA deserved it as well, but how can you leave out the leading rebounder in the league?

15. Felece

Felece Member

I think its cus Durant and Rondo decided to have a 3 point shoot out in H.O.R.S.E last year.

16. nabeel623

nabeel623 Contributing Member

For those people saying Love shouldn't make it because the Wolves suck, do you guys think T-MAC deserved to be an allstar in 2004? Just curious..

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good point.
    Both of them deserved it IMO but it's the ASG game