1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern picks Kevin Love as replacement for Yao Ming

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 4, 2011.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

To the ones that say "Oh he's putting up great numbers on a bad team": How many players in the past 20 years has put up 20/15 while shooting a respectable 44% from the 3 point line?

There's probably been quite a few players playing on bad teams that couldn't even muster 20/10 that made the all-star team much less 20/15.

2. what

what Member

Let's go on the more compelling argument if players that did do it. And throw out Elvin Hayes. 29.6/16.4. His team went 25-50 that year. So, by that standard, I assume that Elvin Hayes's stats were empty as well?

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

You're probably right. If his name wasn't 'Tim Duncan', I don't think there's any way he would have made the ASG, even if his team was 49-0

4. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Meh, I would have preferred Nash, but it's alright.

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I saw "Kevin Love replaces Yao Ming.." on the ESPN ticker and for a second I thought we traded for him. I damn near had a heart attack.

6. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

But I also think that all-star should be able to get his team wins. With the exception of those old veterans who I don't think should of been picked, put any of the other all-stars onto the wolves and they would of gotten them more wins than 11. put JJ, deron, bosh, rondo onto the wolves and I gaurantee they'd have more than 11 wins. that's what an all-star should be to me, an impact player who is so good he can carry his team.

7. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Have you been living under the rock? :rolleyes:

8. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

me too, had to change my underwear

9. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Aldridge got hosed. I can't remember a guy having the kind of year he's had, on a playoff team no less, not make it. Randolph the year before had similar numbers but they were at the expense of his team. Duncan probably is the one who got grandfathered in improperly but it does add more to the game I guess to have a name like Duncan over Aldridge.

10. Damion Laverne

Disagree. Aldrige is only doing what he's doing now because of Brandon Roy's absence, as he SHOULD!

Kevin Love is averaging a historic combination of numbers (pts, reb, 3-point %)

11. Tree-Mac

Tree-Mac Contributing Member

Some of you are just hating because a black guy was not picked as a replacement.

The All Star Game is a showcase of talents for the fans. Who cares about defense or which side wins. It's just that Love is exciting to watch, regardless of his team's record.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

13. ABforPresident

I was checking out the allstar game events and noticed there was no
    H-O-R-S-E competition anymore...

Whats up with that :confused: I thought it was pretty entertaining

14. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2011/02/indiana_100_portland_87_pacers.html

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Duncan should sit this one out so both Aldridge and Love can be in it.

16. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

So according to Aldridge, Duncan has all the right to be at the All-Star game.
    with this comments:

17. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Aldridge has been playing great for 6 weeks only... I just don't see him getting selected based on those 6 weeks alone...

Btw, I love Aldridge... he has carried his team, but come on... guy has not done anything that has not been done often. A lot of players averages and does what he is doing. What love has done is just incredible. There have been good players on bad teams before were not able to go for 30-30.. and 20-20 as often as he has done.

If they both were averaging close numbers then of course, Aldridge easy choice because of team wins.. but Love is averaging freaking 6.5 rebounds more.. and averaging same points while averaging 3 minutes less. He is a 3 point shooter plus a better free throw shooter.

18. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

He also is on a team that is 27 games under .500.

19. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Not his fault. Again, If the numbers are close then you have to go with team winning, but here numbers are just so different. What Love has done is just incredible to say the least. People who say that other players can do on bad teams is just joke. There are 10-14 bad teams every season and yet we never see 30-30 games. He has done what players have not done for a while.. of course, he needs to get picked over Aldridge who has been good, but there are plenty of players out there that can do that.

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wish the Rockets could choose Kevin Love to replace Yao Ming as well.