1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Stern picks Kevin Love as replacement for Yao Ming

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Feb 4, 2011.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Putting up numbers on a team that probably wont win 20 games the entire season isn't all that impressive as you're making it out to be. While Love's rebounding has been spectacular, his efforts on defense and more importantly his impact on the winning % of his team has been nonexistent. A true all star player should make his team a hell of a lot better than 11 wins.

They nba isnt just about counting numbers and box scores, this isnt baseball, its about impact on the team winning or losing. IMO if Love and Aldridge were to change places this year, Minnesota would have had a few more wins while Portland significantly less. That said 21 and 15 does look nice.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Deron is playing tonight so he will probably play in the All-Star game

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If Kevin Love is the beast you guys think he is how come the t-wolves haven't gotten any better in 3 years, in fact they've gotten worse.

All Stars are supposed to have some impact on winning, you can't expect to do much with that group of scrubs, but there should be some improvement, at least near .400.

That's why i'm okay with Blake Griffin, the clippers still suck, but you can see a clear improvement in that team.

I'll take LaMarcus Aldridge and his 21 and 9 on a winner missing their best player, over Loves 21 and 15 on a train wreck.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

A Chinese job is outsourced to an American. China is mad. They wanted Yi. :grin:

5. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

How about this?

The east has 6 teams above .500. Each of those teams got a representative to the AS game.

The west has 9. 7 of those teams got representatives. Portland with Aldridge, and Memphis with Randolph had no luck. In their place, guys like Griffin and Love who are on teams that are both 10 games <.500 (and Love's Wolves standing pretty at 11-37, with the worst record in the conference) made it.

The NBA, where stats > wins happens. (PS, it's not as if the difference in stats is all that great either).

6. anchel

anchel Member

Numbers my ass.

Lamarcus Aldridge.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

He went on Disney and now he's a star. But seriously, he earned it.

I think Lamar Odom would cheapen the All-Star game. A glorified role player who marry the ugly sister of a glorified p*rn star doesn't deserve to go to the All-Star Game.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's a good player but Stern should wait til the guy is on pace to win at least 30 games before picking him.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Thing is, you could say the exact same thing for quite a few of the reserves.

The T-Pups not only have a bad team and coach, but management as well.

The situation in the Wolves will make winning hard for any all star, especially when your second option is a brainless chucker in Beasley.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Well, the Wolves are so bad and yet the Rockets play Love straight up. When they played the Clippers, they doubled Griffin even with Chuck guarding him. That should tell you all you need to know. Griffin changes games; Love is just there.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Good for him. He's having an amazing season!

12. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

I'd trade Scola and all of our future draft picks, plus Brooks for Kevin Love.

Man, this guy is a beast.

Imagine Love in the high post in Adelman's offense! :eek: :eek:

13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

People are arguing in favor of Aldridge? Really?

Look at the season Love's having. The guy is shooting 43.9% from the three point line while grabbing 4.9 offensive rebounds per game, that's ridiculous. You really want to blame him for the fact that Kahn's put together a horrific team around him? Does anyone seriously think the talent surrounding Love is even close to the teammates Aldridge has?

It's not like this is the MVP voting, it's the All-Star Game. You guys REALLY think Aldridge is playing better than Love this year?

14. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

Well, without Aldridge, the Blazers have no shot at the playoffs. LMS has been keeping the Blazers on life support after Roy and Oden have been out.

Anyways, moot point. My opinion doesn't matter.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The TWolves had no shot at the playoffs to begin with. I don't think you can knock Love for that. But KL is their best player, and is clearly having a better individual year than Aldridge. That's pretty much what the ASG is about.

16. Captain Jack

Captain Jack Member

Like I said, my opinion doesn't matter.

ASG is a joke anyways.

17. what

what Member

Would you have said that about Elvin Hayes? This is a loaded question just so you know.

18. what

what Member

Also if you look back at the history of the allstar game, and the 15 rebound threshold, I only found 3 players that averaged 15 boards for a season that didn't go to the allstar game. There may be a few more because I stopped and didn't check every last player, but the list that didn't make it was Rodman when he averaged 15 boards and like 4 points a game, Walt Bellamy 1 season and nate thurmond 1 season.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

If individual numbers is all it is about then Monta Ellis should be in it. Tim Duncan should not be in it.

20. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

It's just that it feels like Aldridge is being ignored, and he has not even been mentioned and he deservse better than that. Why do they hate the Blazers and Rockets so much? Oh, and I think Yao should get to choose who should replace him.