1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets are secretly shopping Chris Paul and Eric Gordon, just to see what value or no value they have. They spend the whole playing year on the bench. There is a saying "Don't buy damaged goods" and "Don't buy a used car it will breakdown on the road" that's been the story with Chris Paul and Eric Gordon.
    Rockets need to upgrade youth, length, talent on the Team. Trading for a star in his 20s is so difficult since Rockets have no young assets, prospect depth. In the summer league especially there were so many talented players but Daryl just ignored them and went after journeyman which destroyed the team early in the year.

2. basketballholic

We are NOT shopping Chris Paul!

We are NOT shopping PJ Tucker!

We are NOT shopping James Harden!

Any post that indicates any of these three guys are being shopped....I' straight garbage. Poster doesn't know what they're talking about.

We ARE shopping EGo! (And have been.)

We ARE shopping CC! (And have been.)

We're obviously shopping Knight and Chriss and have been. Additionally, Nene, House, Edwards, Harty, and Ennis have been discussed for salary and asset matching in trade askin with picks. And Clark is a candidate for release if the right deal comes along and we need an extra roster spot.

There is a decent market for EGo including both Indy and San Antonio. And there's a good market for Capela including Washington, Miami, Minnesota, and Sacramento.

Any major trade for another legit star/superstar level player will likely include Capela. And probably EGo. Those are givens.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Let me subscribe to your insider newsletter too. Something tells me there you have ads in yours for pet sea monkeys.

Smacktle, BMoney, luckyman76 and 7 others like this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I can dream that we are having back channel conversations about moving our $40mil a year cheerleaders in street clothes. I can dream the Bucks and the Nuggets are interested in adding pg help and CP3’s veteran leadership to put them over the hump as contenders. I can dream. No one gets to tell me I can’t dream. Least of all Holic and his onbnoxious posts

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Garner

Garner Member

While I agree it's very unlikely that CP3 or Tucker are traded, much less actively shopped, I would imagine they are certainly available in a blockbuster where you're getting an AD back. Do I think that's happening, no of course not. But with the future of the Pelicans up in the air and Demps' future even less certain, there is at least a 2% chance that the conversation is had.

Of course Harden is not being shopped. Untouchable.

topfive likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this FO aint doin ****. this team is what it is, lets just hope for health going forward.

7. sheb

sheb Member

Trade CC for 1st rounder
    Trade Egorden for 1st pick

Trade 6 1st rounders + expiring for AD

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Y'all need to let go of AD. Lakers literally offered the farm. It's over

amaru and majicdonjuan like this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Is actually James Harden who they are secretly trading. The Rockets don't think he's good enough to win championships. So they want to trade him for multiple unprotected lottery picks.

malakas and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Maybe Morey is trading himself. INCEPTION.

topfive, malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Hoothrewpoo

Hoothrewpoo Member

You can’t trade players for picks without matching salary... so the rockets would have to take back comparable value for Capela and Gordon. Also, Capela has more value than a random 1st round pick.

13. sheb

sheb Member

Ok so trade our guys for 1st rounders plus expiring s

14. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

We all know Morey wants the be in the free agent conversation this summer.

To think Morey is going to sit on his hand with the aging CP3 and harden in his prime is crazy.

Morey is going to do something now or this summer that will shock people FYI.

topfive, thedreamsteam and hakeem94 like this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Daryl has a short leash on players getting injured, players not taking games seriously.
    Tracy McGrady getting knee surgery before the Trade Deadline and lowering his value, threw him in the Knicks dumpster.
    Dwight Howard declines his player option, leaves in Free Agency. Hiring Mike DAntoni scared him off, Daryl celebrated no doubt.
    Chris Paul and Eric Gordon definitely will traded at the deadline or Summer League.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hope you’re right, but with $40 mil Chris Paul on the books, im not sure that’s even possible without moving him. So if you are saying Morey will trade CP3 I say I love that. I hope you are right. Worse contract ever -and folks though the Ryan Anderson contract was bad...lol

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

their farm still cant beat cp3 capela and 4 1st
    lakers assets will never develop in BIG 3 nola can have right this moment
    and its not a big 3 with a gutted roster ala miami big 3 its a big 3 plus plenty of role players perfect for any system
    plus you got 4 frps
    UNBEATABLE

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Removing who Chris Paul WAS (all-star, elite player, etc.) and looking at who Chris Paul IS (a 33-year old point guard with concerning injuries recently and a player you really can't build around until his contract is up in 2022) and forecasting who Chris Paul WILL be (a player commanding about 35% of a team's salary cap for each of the next 3 seasons) what is the main selling point for New Orleans to trade for him?

Chris Paul and Capela eats $50 million in capspace and let's say NO don't trade Holiday so that's $76 million spread across 3 non-elite players. At best, they will make it as a 7th or 8th seed and continue their strides on the treadmill of mediocrity.

I'm trying to work this out in my head and not be a smartass about it because we've been cordial with one another for a while now. I just don't see how trading for a Chris Paul, at age 33 and injuries galore, is something the Pelicans would even entertain.

YOLO likes this.
  19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

NO wants Tatum and their other young guys and picks

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is going to take Chris Paul and that contract.