1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(David Locke) Rockets about to make multiple trades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't see it happening …. Just wishful thinking on my part because I think he'd fit in so well here and he could give us a lot of what this team needs , With Harden as the defacto point you could actually play him 1-4.

Bids9 likes this.
  2. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

If the Rox are really in the hunt for Beal as Cod suggested, WSH will take their time and see if anyone ups their offer at the deadline.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

A Beal trade doesn’t really seem to make sense for either the Rockets or Wizards.

4. Bids9

Bids9 Member

There sure is going to be a flurry on the last day. Everyone will be waiting for the AD sweepstakes to sort themselves out.

Not sure we will see too much if any movement for atleast another couple of days.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Whoever says they want Kevin Love or even suggests that it is a troll.

hakeem94 and musketoon like this.
  6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

The Lakers won't even throw in four first round picks for AD. Pretty sure the Rockets are ready to throw in four for BEAL. The window is now.

fckbandwagons, Ramo$e and bilaal14 like this.
  7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

HOU out - Knight, Chriss, 1st, 2 2nds
    HOU in - Green, Exum

MEM out - Conley, Green, Mack
    MEM in - Rubio, Knight, Chriss, HOU 1st, UTAH 1st, HOU 2nd

UTAH out - Rubio, Exum, Neto, 1st
    UTAH in - Conley, Mack, HOU 2nd

HOU gets their 1/2/3, a playmaker who would play well in our switching scheme, and forward depth

MEM starts their rebuild with two 1sts and meaningfully reduces their salary obligations (cutting a few million in 2019 and several millions after that)

UTAH gets a star PG for their playoff push

#287 joshuaao, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    chadyang and ilias like this.
  8. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Where are those multiple trades?

chadyang likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I would take Nic Batum to get out of Knight's contract right now.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He will be worth it...as he would be EXACTLY what we needed.... our #2 option for the rest of Hardens prime and his prime...... This would be something special....

I would do 4 picks all day for Beal... depending on whatelse we would have to give up.

But he would complete this team..

We would ofcourse need health as well.

BigggReddd likes this.
  11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Well from the perspective of Washington they have little reason to take on multiple contracts that aren't expiring. Maybe they do it for Gordon, Nene, Chriss and 3 or 4 picks since they would save $5 mil plus and almost get under the luxury tax threshold. However, they would still have Gordon and Nene for almost 20.5 mil next season. Other than potential luxury tax savings I don't see any reason for them to do a deal with us even if it were for excessive picks.

We would be at around 148 million for payroll next season which is like 16 mil over the luxury tax threshold next year. It's just not gonna happen. It would be amazing to watch what Morey has to give up to move Knight to get under the luxury tax if that deal happened. There is zero percent chance the Rockets will take on that much extra salary and luxury tax spending for another guard in my eyes.

This is what the team would look like in 2019-2020

CP3/min contract/min contract
    Beal/min contract/min contract
    Harden/min contract/min contract
    Tucker/min contract/min contract
    Capela/min contract/min contract

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Did COD, actually suggest this? Forgive me, I actually want to know, and I didnt see which post actually mentioned Beal.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all are wasting your time with Beal...doesn’t even seem realistic

many teams will want him if he is actually on the market, and the Rockets stay losing a battle of who has the most desirable assets

arabrocket likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Taurean Prince a SF on the Hawks, 6'8 can dribble, shoot the 3, defend. The Hawks are listening to offers, Rockets can upgrade so much, Taurean is 24 years old. Taurean plays like Ariza, but better dribbler.
    Taurean a Baylor Bear
    Braid brothers, with DeMarre Caroll, Nene, Faried, Taurean, need to hire hair stylist full time.

#294 rockets1995, Feb 4, 2019
    D-rock, joshuaao, SWTsig and 7 others like this.
  15. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I met with a Wizards executive recently who told me that the Rockets are dangling EGo all over the league for a solid piece, and that they reached out to the Wizards and inquired about Ariza and Beal and Wall. Not for all three at the same time obviously, but some combination of them for some combination of Rockets players with EGo as the main. Did not say anything was close to imminent, just that it was inquired. Codman seemed to indicate he’d heard something similar. This was in the Random Trade Ideas thread.

D-rock, Deuce, luckyman76 and 5 others like this.
  16. lionaire

lionaire Member

off topic but the quality of this gif is amazing

BHannes2BHonest, hakeem94 and Bids9 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah, but theres another guy who could fit even better, his name is steph curry, not sure if gsw is willing to let him go tho
    i dont see it happening

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be Harden vs Curry galore every day in here.

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Honestly, I wouldn't go all in on Beal. He's an excellent player but he can not start next to CP3. Too small for the 2 spot. He would be great fit in the backcourt with Harden if we didn't have CP3, but then we are pissing away CP3's contract and we're stuck with ANOTHER anchor on the team salary. That becomes $90m in the backcourt and no team can function that way. Nor can we trade CP3. In the backcourt for the next few years we have to accept that we need to pair CP3/Harden with a taller wing. Even Gordon is not cutting it and he is as tall as and has a larger wingspan than Beal.

It's too bad though, I really think Harden and Beal in the backcourt would be deadly.

#299 Mathloom, Feb 4, 2019
  20. kevtse

kevtse Member

Every teams know Rockets are in desperate mode, Morey is gonna get robbed. I will be very surprised if Morey can pull off a good deal.