1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Cameron: Britain's EU Referendum to be held June 23

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Bandwagoner, you didn't text ATW to respond. That's how its supposed to work my friend. That way he can play his victim asperger's " but..but...I didn't know I was stalking someone card" and you can look like less of a puss.

Falling off your game?

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I remember when the Winter Olympics were on in back in high school, all I could think about was harding's puss.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eFTLKWw542g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I too remember, depending on whether I existed with half the chromosomes and tail to go with it.

6. dmoneybangbang

Again.... how does leaving ACTUALLY slow down globalization?

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Anecdotal only but news organizations are reporting a lot of regret over brexit. Lots of people who voted to leave are apparently saying they would change their votes if they could.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most of the arguments I heard for BREXIT
    were increased globalization took away the need for the UK to be involved in the political union of europe.

Did you not understand that the first time I posted it? Why do you want to slow down globalization? I don't see how it is related to a troubled political union of regional nation states. Adoo is the guy who has a problem with Chinese people and FDI.

9. dmoneybangbang

Well the political and economic union are tied together, mostly. The UK isn't a part of the Eurozone, the monetary union the uses the Euro, and has its own currency, obviously the pound. However, the EU with the UK, is the second largest economic bloc in the world behind America and after China. I don't see the logic of the UK leaving at the expense of the economic arrangements.

Apparently not as your exchange with the poorly formatted person confused me.

I don't.

The Brexit crowd ended up cutting off their nose to spite their face in the overall picture. I think the UK will be "fine" and will more than likely waste a decade a so before rejoining. It's just a shame they'll waste time on this instead of trying to work on the political differences in the EU.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually think it might work out. The UK has long been problematic for the EU consolidating itself into a true economic power. The big mistake of the EU in my eyes is the whole idea of the Euro - which exasperated the Greek crisis. Had every country kept its own currency, then Greece could let their currency devalue and have a 2 year downturn instead of 10.

The EU needs to be a trade pact with consistent regulations and that's it, or it needs to be something more - it's current form was clearly struggling. I think the UK will become like Norway, effectively part of the EU but not a member state.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Except that he hatched this dip**** plan 4 years ago in an Ohare airport Pizzeria Uno no less. And stupidly stuck with it.

What super master poll was his guiding light? The polls earlier in May looked grim. Either way...Why even take the chance?

The rest of your post is just a bunch of hurt feelings. It's nothing like sociopathy or 1938. It was eminently more self inflicted. Stop being such a wishy washy baby.

Cameron resigned, because he is a massive failure. So obviously he blamed himself. I guess he got one thing right.

I am not a believer in the great man theory of history. It's all bull. But you can definitely maximize your failure odds. Guess who did.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the EU acts as an extortion racket

give us money, let us undemocratically rule over you, and in exchange we promise not to punish you economically with tariffs

UK finally said go pound sand, we want to rule ourselves.

The EU can't allow Brexit to succeed, the UK must be made an example of lest other countries follow suit. But the member countries depend on trade with the UK.

Might just be wishcasting, but I predict we will soon see the EU emperors have no clothes

13. dmoneybangbang

I do agree that UK has been problematic but so has southern and eastern Europe. I think a single currency for the EU could potentially help some issues regarding debt and the wealth inequality among nations. Europe could certainly use the ability to spur infrastructure and higher education across the continent and the channel. Would they use it wisely to assist southern and eastern Europe being modernizing and improving higher education as well as the biggest economic nations?

The EU, like the US, needs to figure out how to streamline and prioritize its regulations. I think the UK will end up rejoining since a united, however loosely, France, Germany, and UK will ultimately be better for Europe long term.

China slowing down and the EU more than likely going to stagnate and that will make a wobblier America.

14. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You can have the benefits of trade can without political integration.

15. Nook

Nook Member

You wanted to jam that white trash puss huh?

I had some buddies that were the same way.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Cameron was and is a loser. Talk about maximizing your chances of failure.

The EU is poorly organized, inefficient and corrupt.

You don't have a national vote on leaving the EU.... This isn't America's Funniest Videos where you call and vote for the fat guy getting hit in the balls with a baseball as the winner of $50,000.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not seeing how the Euro has helped countries like Greece and Spain, quite the contrary it has been the problem since it prevents those countries from devaluing their currency and thus alleviating the debt.

I doubt the UK rejoins - politically it will be tough to leave then re-enter, and a second referendum would be decried by those who have now risen to peak power.

If Europe can hold together, than UK will be the big loser as I can see Scotland leaving for the EU which would be a devastating blow to the country.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You haven't watched any of the Republican Primary Debates.

Outtakes of Trump's nut punching Doug Christie are selling like hotcakes on the Alex Jones truther dip**** network.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Except if he hatched the plan 4 years ago how then would polls in May have affected it? Should he have withdrawn the referendum in May even though it had been in the works a long time?

As I said I'm not a Cameron fan but up until two days ago he did show a knack for surviving and won on keeping Scotland in the UK and keeping the conservatives in power. Most of the view was that the UK leaving the EU was very unlikely and while polls showed it very close still showed up to the day that the remain position would prevail. It was a gamble but one that there was plenty of evidence supporting it.

I suspect if the Remain side had won people woudl be calling him a genius and making a gutsy call.
    Sam you are a laugh. When you talk about people getting their feelings hurt.
    Sure he faced the music and in parliamentary system he likley would lose a vote of no confidence anyway.
    I agree with you to some extent about the great man theory of history. That said in this case as pointed out almost all of the info pointed to a narrow win.

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just to add to the above. If the regret over Brexit does lead to the UK staying in the EU Cameron will be somewhat vindicated.

It will be too late to save his political career of course.