1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

David Blatt Fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DorianTurk, Jan 22, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I love when coaches whine about other coaches getting fired. Do YOUR jerb!!

2. krouchchocolate

Lol I hope they start losing games left and right now.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Saw a tweet about how Carlisle called the Blatt firing an embrassment to the league

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I know I might lose some people with this reference, but it just occurred to me. I think this is similar to what Real Madrid just went through:

One of the most talented teams on earth. One of the best records in the league. But the team looks like they are underperforming compared to expectations. The players are clearly short changing the manager/coach.

It's not fair to the outgoing coach, but a change in scenery may turn things around.

BTW stupid reply from Lue.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LeBron is trying to play 1 on 5? Without LeBron there is no Love. Love doesn't help the team? Thompson might not stay on a bottom dwelling roster without LeBron. Etc.

I don't see how anyone can argue LeBron isn't trying to win on the court.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It seems like you're trying to defend Lebron but in reality you are saying that he's more responsible for winning only 2 rings than he should be. It's been reported by SAS that he prefers a coach that has previously played in the NBA. That would eliminate guys like Pop, Thibs. If that's the case then good for LBJ that he got his wish but if he doesn't win a ring then he's even more at fault than he would have been.

8. malakas

malakas Member

to win on the court you must have other good players around you because as I said and you completely misunderstood Lebron can't win the championship on his own. And if he plays GM and puts his agent's clients with max contracts like he did with Thompson and his washed up friends like Jones and Miller(last year) then he can't.

And Love doesn't help the team because he is attacked again and agian in pnr and can't play in the fourths. And thompson not remaining in the Cavs? LMAO

If it weren't for Lebron Thompson would be getting right now a 9 million contract tops and would be grateful.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol at LeBron fans not wanting to hold him accountable for ANYTHING. Typical and should expect nothing less.

10. theangrycanary

kyrie irving is a bigger problem than love in my opinion

irving is a lousy point guard and doesn't play defense. he is a purely offensive weapons. however he is always injured, and even his offense has been off this ya. he's one of those 'potential' guys you always hear about.

if not for all of his injuries, etc. this guy would be awesome...

well, he is always injured and even when he is at his best he's not getting a lot of assists.

irving and love are flawed, one way stars. and lebron gets his coach fired. pfff

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is pretty funny. Hope they keep getting embarrassed.

Cavs gonna Cav

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

LeBron needs one more superstar. He always needs more superstars.

13. MD_in_Training

LOL. Not so easy, is it, Tyron Lue?

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The LeBron haters coming out!

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I will love every time the Cavs lose now. Tonight was a good start.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I said yesterday to someone that being a strong & respected #2 is far different than being the man in the saddle. Ty Lue is finding that out. He may adjust and have success or he might learn his comfort zone that of a secondary leader.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cavs lose. <a href="https://t.co/haiNF8cl3S">pic.twitter.com/haiNF8cl3S</a></p>&mdash; SB Nation (@SBNation) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/691107752467234816">January 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mo Williams played 3 minutes, though, everyone.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/691107348056817665">January 24, 2016</a></blockquote>

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Game of Thrones...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Blatt's major mistake was to underestimate the craftiness of Tyrion Lue <a href="https://t.co/T2gFkxmKYV">pic.twitter.com/T2gFkxmKYV</a></p>&mdash; Contrarian Barbarian (@basquiatball) <a href="https://twitter.com/basquiatball/status/690651736982224896">January 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Much of Lebron's hate is self inflicted. But the media and coaches around the league are roasting the entire organization. Since Lebron is the face of the Cavs, he surely is going to be put on blast for the way things went with Blatt.

20. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

to: ESPN sycophant NBA hacks who are on lebron's teat and Lebron james
    re: kt