1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

David Andersen Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Oct 6, 2009.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

David Andersen played a terrible game tonight and if he doesn't improve, he will be riding the pine behind Pops and Dorsey. He was god awful. He's got a hitch in a useless jump shot. The jumper is useless when he is nothing but a sieve on the other end. The next time he boxes out will be the first time he ever boxes out. Blair chewed him alive. He actually ran into fouls, totally out of position. He was terrible. Offensively, he was slow finding other players and he doesn't have anything besides an 18 foot jump shot. He can't run. He can't muscle. My God, we need a big man so bad right now. Dear Darryl, please trade for Amare.......please.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

That's the thing - his shooting is what gets talked up - and his shot is OVER RATED.

The one thing he does ok is overrated.

Therein lies the problem.

3. worzel gummidge

This negativity is exactly what Marcin Gortat was talking about...

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

The question is, why do people have such high expectations of him? What did people expect from a player who was traded for cash and signed for $2-3 mil a year?

Morey and Adelman expects him to be a good bench player playing backup to Yao. I see nothing in this first preseason game that would indicate he cannot fulfill that task with more playing time.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Good points. This was more of a Hey look at me -- I told you so thread.

Pretty weak considering it's extremely premature to pass judgement on Andersen.

6. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

^^^^^^

Hey look at me - I told you so.

I was directing that DIRECTLY at you sammy.

In your face champ.

In. Your. Face.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Quote them. I want to see all the posters who actually said that Andersen would be a good NBA player from day 1. Then you can talk about your vindication.

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

he didnt even play well at all, cant jump, cant rebound, cant box out, cant do nothing. but its only the first game, so its okay, i'll wait

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

This thread is r****ded, and I'm being super polite in calling it just that. Ignoring the fact that Mr. Andersen had the second highest PER out of anyone, it's one stinking game, in a completely different system from the Euroleague - and heck, I remember that Scola was pretty damn useless for about the first half of his first season and look where he is now. Is David Anderson going to be a All-Star? Hell no, and it's probable he isn't even a starting center. But he's from my perspective a pretty good back up, and he's not overpaid as of now (and who's a better center that's available at a cheap price anyways.). Give the ******* man time, and let's not rely on one stinking preseason game before we all declare him a failure.

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

All this after a ROOKIE's FIRST PRESEASON game? Seems a little harsh

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Mate, he's 29 - he might not suck as much as he did today (which was against C level players, hardly the fare he'll have to contend with in the real season) on a nightly basis...but he isnt going to become amazing Dave all of a sudden either.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Repeat after me.

He is 29.
    Has played pro ball for a decade.
    He was playing today against C level talent.
    He is not getting much better.

Repeat until understood.

13. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Over react much? I don't get the point of spurting off over reactive comments based on one game, a preseason game at that, and his first NBA game for crying out loud. Why risk eating your words later?

14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

read the post before yours.

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Is this personal? Seems like you're going above and beyond to trash andersen.......

16. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I think people are mad because we could've had Blair instead of Andersen.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If he improves, i hope you're willing to make a "i was wrong" thread as well....and you should probably change your sig to:

1. Trash Andersen
    2. Houston Rockets

18. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

Repeat after me.

It is his first NBA game ( preseason game at that).
    He is a backup center.
    He won't always shoot that bad.
    He is 29, so he does have professional experience.
    He can learn to become halfway decent at defense.

Repeat until understood.

Now drink a beer because the Roxs won their first preseason game! :)

19. Zer0

Zer0 Member

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
    With that being said, I truly do hope that he does well tomorrow.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Andersen wasn't drafted. You can't just flip flop those two new players. To pick up blair we may have had to pass up on budinger. And houston was buying picks, so it's more difficult to land a certain player because you have to find someone who's selling their pick in the first place.