1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[David Aldridge] David West to Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jul 6, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

the lakers were idiots for giving kobe his contract, not kobe accepting it. anyway, they needed a name signing to appease whoever paid them a billion for their broadcast rights.

2. Handles

Handles Member

Don't even bother watching then.

Good for Spurs getting LMA. He negates the Splitter/Baynes lost and then some. But for some reason, the Spurs still do not scare me. I think we win the SW again.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Winning the division isn't worth jack though, don't think we can beat them im the playoffs.

4. Handles

Handles Member

It's worth a guaranteed top four seed. To me, that is jack.

Call me crazy but I am still not afraid of the Spurs. I'm confident in our team. The only spur that makes me nervous is Aldridge (flashbacks to latest Blazers series...yikes).

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yup this is the year that the spurs finally fall off. too many miles on their tires. and i don't really think that LMA is that great of a player. i wouldn't be surprised to see the spurs as a 7th or 8th seed. and getting swept or lose 4 to 1 in the playoffs.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

and to ad to my post. i will say it will be the warriors, grizzlies, thunder, and rockets as the top 4 seeds if relatively healthy.

7. Handles

Handles Member

Let me backtrack just a bit, I just found this article:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...d-playoff-teams-regardless-of-division-winner

Still though, Spurs ain't ****, and division winner is a moral victory! Haha

8. 25CookemHarden

Seriously I cant believe some of you guys not respecting the spurs.... They are the clear favorites to win it all. Their GM and front staff is better than any GM and front staff and are always ahead, but miles. My wife is a spurs fan and I quite frankly I am jealous of how great her team is and will be for years to come.

Handles, you need to get a handle on reality. Fear them. They are legit and everyone else is trying to catch up to them.

9. yobod

yobod Member

Gave up $13M to play in the 2nd round

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

What about Aldridge? Should have stayed in Portland :grin:

11. Handles

Handles Member

I was so wrong about us but at least I wasn't wrong about the Spurs. LMA definitely should have stayed in Portland. I wonder how the Spurs rebuild around him and Leonard? I'd have rather played with lillard and McCollum, but hindsight is hindsight.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

West has been awful in this series too.

13. yobod

yobod Member

Maybe McCollum doesn't emerge with Aldridge there?

Not enough shots to go around for all three of them.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Duncan (and maybe Manu) is going to retire, so they'll probably sign a center (i'd say Pau).

Pau
    LMA
    Leonard
    Green
    Parker

still a very good lineup, but no Duncan is and will be huge...Parker will continue to decline so...yeah, i think they will still be a very good team, but probably not a championship team.

15. Handles

Handles Member

I think he still emerges because he would have just taken over batum and Matthews' shot attempts.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hindsight lurkers FTW

Spurs looked good in the regular season as always

of course you are gonna go with the younger team with the younger stars

Good bye, Duncan and Obi Wan GinoBody

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Amazingly enough, the Spurs will advance only one game further in the playoffs than the Blazers. Who would've predicted that at the beginning of the season?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely no one.

19. tksense

tksense Member

Who else will be as long as Curry Thompson and Green & co keep their core intact?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know...maybe the Thunder...i don't think so but we'll see...the Spurs though, even with Pau they'll still be old...Pau, Parker are like 36/35...LMA is going to be 31 in a couple of months...they probably won't be a top 3/4 team next season...