1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Situation Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The CDN Dream, Nov 23, 2013.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yea... Who the **** cares if your friends were watching. They should have girls in arm as well unless they're socially awkward losers. Now that she's sober, she probably feels stupid about it. If you were acting timid then and try to make a move now.. Awkward lol... Pretty much you missed your chance.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

She was the one :(

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I would've had the camera rolling but in your case I would've taken her to the movies and convinced her to be my gf.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was thinking about asking her to an Astros game.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LAST POST from OP:
    I hope he's all right, and not in a hospital 'cuz someone chopped off his PP. :eek:

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's the misconception, I didn't choose to do this with my life. I think it's pretty natural to fall for someone whom you are really close with and know and understand each other's personalities really well. That's why you see so many of these "OMG I like this girl but I don't want to ruin the friendship threads".

In my opinion it is not a black and white thing like everyone makes it out to be. There no secret strategy to "break" the friendzone. It varies person to person. But the basic concept comes down to if she feels an natural attraction towards you from hanging out with you a lot and by seeing traits on you which she wants in a partner. Ask yourself the question, why wouldn't a girl by some chance feel a more than friend attraction to a not bad looking guy who she feels comfortable with, gets along extremely well with, has a lot to talk to, and generally feels happy with.

I've talked about this extensively with my current girlfriend and previous girlfriends, because I also once believed that it was impossible to date a girl once you are just friends with them. They basically said that they were hesitant on dating me too because of the whole ruin friendship thing, but they just naturally developed attraction towards me because they thought they were really happy every time they hung out with me, and they know that my personality well, and certain traits they see on me are things that they want in a boyfriend. I have also talked to the girls who burned me when I tried to do the more than friends thing, and their response was simple, they don't feel that attraction towards me, or there's somethings that I do that they don't like, or even that I'm not buff enough lol.

My point is this, there's no absolutes to anything when it comes to relationship, friendship or not, if two people of the opposite sex spend a lot of time with each other, they will have a chance to develop something more than just a friendship. It all depends on preferences, personality and compatibility. But by being close friends with a female friend at least gives you the chance to spend time with them without putting yourselves in the sometimes awkward setting of a formal date which can be really hard to express yourself true self. You get to know a lot more about eachother by being friends, so you never know which traits you demonstrated she will find attractive. Treat friendzone fails as normal rejections, and don't obsess over them, be natural and confident, know when to move on.

1 person likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

To berak the friend zone you need to leave, make no contact, get in better shape, try again

8. SwoLy-D

This "Friend Zone" crap that you youngsters talk about... is breakable. :eek: You gotta have the right tools and the right attitude to break it.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Like rufalin and a camcorder?

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Depends on who she is... (NAME DROP! or at least initials drop)

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    I'm not going to lie to you I actually didn't read a single word of that.

But I was personally talking about the having "close female friends part"

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol that's okay it's a wall of text anyway

i know what you mean tho because you can get burned a lot by doing what i'm doing.

but tldr of my perspective.

Falling in love is a natural process, can happen between close friends depending on preferences and attractiveness, no such thing as unbreakable friendzone.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i believe attraction can happen just by proximity as long as the guy isn't a doormat.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

True, but therein lies the problem.

Most guys who start relationship threads on CF are doormats.

15. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I went from laughing at the OP, to feeling sorry for him. Then back to laughing. Planning a first date in January to a hockey game. Lol, that's funny stuff man. OP is wild. Lol

16. SwoLy-D

OK, if you're going to give the answer away that fast, I'm not posting "potential secrets exist" anymore. :eek:

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think most guys just go through a doormat phase. I know I had one. Then around the time I turned 21 I learned, hmm I'm doing it wrong!

18. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

19. SK34

SK34 Member

What's a doormat phase?

And I thought friend zone was when the guy tells the girl he has feelings for her and she says "let's just stay friends", but first he has to tell her that he has feelings for her. So technically, this guy is not in the friend zone.