1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Situation Advice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The CDN Dream, Nov 23, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It's to late for you man... Once you get relegated to the friend zone there is no going back.

Best advice I give you is hit up one of her friends and see how she reacts, if she seems jealous then there might be hope if she is cool with it than you are nothing more than a buddy to her.

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Basically what everyone else said.

You need to make a move or just forget about ever being with her. The longer you wait, the more time she gets to see you as a friend and nothing more. Forget about the friend thing right now. Just tell her as soon as you possibly can, and I mean like NOW, don't wait a week. Tell her that you like her and that you would like to take her out some time soon and see what she says.

If you don't do anything and she ends up with someone else you are going to be the one who has to sit there watching them.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Just get physical. You'll then know which way to go. Always works for me.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You waited around too long. She probably doesn't know you're interested because you're too scared to ask her out. And now it's too late.

Why the hell did you wait so long? Next time you meet a girl you're interested in, maybe try ASKING HER OUT.

What is it with the guys on this site? Always over-thinking things like this.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I used to be like you OP. Scared to ruin a friendship with a pretty girl. Someone cool and all that jazz. But then I realized how miserable I was being in the friendzone and watching other dudes F*** the S*** outta her then when she got hurt she'd come back to me crying... wtf is that S***? Once you try to make a move, you'll realize how F***ED you are...

There are plenty of girls out there, and if you believe that there isnt a girl as perfect as her for you as she is, you're most likely wrong about that. It doesn't hurt to show a girl that you like her. The worst thing that'll happen is she says no. She's a girl, 99% of dudes try to hit on her. It's a fact of life.

You gotta take a chance to succeed my friend. Man up, ask her out to dinner or something, hang out, break the touch barrier (hold hands, put your hand on her leg, something more intimate than friendly) and go from there. If you dont move your ass, you'll never get some ass.

Best of luck

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Oh and if she ever says you're "like a brother" than you are screwed.

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: Perfect opportunity for me to post:

[​IMG]

SRSLY, OP, we need updates.

Did you chicken out, or are you a true MAN?!?!? Updates please. :cool: It's been three days. We already MEN need to know what the **** is up. Give, joto.

I used to be a wimp. I used to think "why ruin a friendship?"... but now I'm happy.

UPDATES!?!?!?

8. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

gonna appraoch her NOW. otherwise, she is gonna be skipping study sessions in the future and banging your friend while u are alone in the library studying so you can get a C+ instead of a C which is inconsequential in the grand scheme of life anyways

9. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

outcome: friend-zoned

reason: turned to CF for advice

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

"I have tickets to the NHL game tonight. You should join me."

shut up and wait for a yes or no.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The next time your friend and the girl are hanging out together, casually ask your friend if that shot of penicillin cleared up his gonorrhea. Eliminate the competition.

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Girls know from the beginning if they want you. You have made more than enough steps for her to know what's up. I never had a hard time cause I don't pursue them. Just stay patient, like the old bull saying. Acquire aesthetics

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL @ friendzone being unbreakable

It's a hit or miss, I only fall for my close female friends, been friendzoned hardcore by 2 of them, But dated two of them, still dating one of them. By far the best relationship because you are know you are comfortable and compatible with eachother and there's rarely times where you have nothing to talk about.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    If anyone wants some advice, this is exactly what not to do with your life.

Apparently it works for this guy though so good for him.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Friend zone into relationships can happen. You just gotta show value like boning other chicks while knowing other guys are all over her. It takes patience and a long term game that's mostly not worth the time and drama when you have options.

So you approach it like you're not limited in social world, that you will find better, then if both of you happen to hit a ****ty dip on your life, something may or may not happen. It's really not something one should hope or bet on. For one thing, women generally read faces better than guys, so it's not an act that can be easily faked. Another is that, if its in your mind all the time that reflects in your behaviors and actions and totally diminishes your social value. It even creeps into your mindset. So it's like that thing about women wanting you when you're attached. But on the other hand, if you're desperate enough to use this as a Hail Mary, it's not a way to live, and it's rare to find it in a culture of choice and upgrades. And lastly, if you're old fashioned or just old like me, you might not like plotting schemes around your friend or remembering how she dated that basketball player with the twelve inch vertical.

A lot of women like to hedge their bets, and the good or compelling decision won't mean anything if they aren't emotionally committed to it. For many people, emotion is what drives meaning, not logic. Because men internalize their emotions, the ways emotional meaning manifests in us happen in different ways. So it's not a matter of which sex is superior, but a matter of what things are.

I mean, I could give really bad cheesy Hollywood drama advise, and it could probably work with his crush because she might be young enough not to have had a rude awakening with that illusion the media peddles yet. Only if because she's as naive and young as the OP.

But OP, you're thinking too much, and that cheesy advice won't work because you aren't committed towards celebrating yourself and your life. If and when you do that, ask yourself what is a No? A Yes to something else. In your game, don't think of failure or even success. It is one action in that one moment and that point in time. Living in that moment is far better than any strategy or advice from our wounds or successes.

Your life hasn't even started OP. As long as you dont let your imagination for the future diminish, you have nothing to lose.

#75 Invisible Fan, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  16. alaskansnowman

OP - based on the way you write / speak about this gal, I think the game has been lost before it started. There's too much uncertainty in your words and trying to "impress" her with expensive tickets and such. But there's always hope - she may already just kinda be into you.

I generally echo what everyone else is saying. Do not wait. Make your intentions known and let it get awkward if you want her bad enough. Girls do not want to end up with a guy who was "OK with being friends" with them - where is the passion in that?

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I've never been just friends with a girl. At some point I have dated them. I think it's strange when guys/girls are friends.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Be a man and attack this upfront. You have to break eggs to make an breakfast taco.

-The second you get a chance, especially if he does something pathetic or clingy, ask HER if they are dating. Gauge her reaction. You can even go a step further and ask if she'd like to be. And mention how it seems like they spend time together, yada yada, so you don't come off as baseless.

If she wants to be with him she'll spill the beans, if not, then you know homeboy is in dreaded friend-zone territory.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Dating advice:

Ran into a girl I knew from high school Saturday and she came back to my buddies place with me and some friends to stay partying. She was all over me in the car. Should I have gone for it with all my friends watching?

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Oh yeah man! You should of at least fingerbanged and gotten a handy! ;)