1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating Advice. Graduate School Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Jun 10, 2015.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

But if you ain't hitting it what's the point?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

So... Do you want to have sex with one or both of them?

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Not saying to cut off all ties with females...but, generally speaking, it is kind of pointless to just be friends with a girl, unless she's into guy things...sports, video games, girls, gym, etc...

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What is the point of being friends with anyone considering your way of thinking?

5. Asian Sensation

Do you have hairy knuckles and is your name Patch Adams?

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Like I said, Im friends with people who have my same interests...sports, video games, sports cars, Silicon Valley, hot girls, etc...

If a girl has those characteristics, then Im cool with being friends with them.

Dont confuse friends with acquaintances.

7. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

thanks for the replies..

here is a backstory. She moved from North Carolina down to Texas to start graduate school. Her ex bf is an engineer making 100k a year.

Currently we have 2 classes together...She is in my group for both classes...Ive been to her apartment where it was just the 2 of us, but nothing happened. In fact, the other guy invited her to Webster, in turn, she invited me and I met up with her at her apartment prior to going to the bar. I don't think I'm in the friend zone as I really don't see her outside of school except at starbucks to go over school ****.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, seriously, and with apologies:
    You don't think you're in the friendzone b/c you only see her at starbucks to go over school ****? Starbucks and homework are a sign of a budding hot session of benefits? Um, no.

Agree with the 10-minute argument.

Your best chance is to get interested in another female and tell this ginger about it while at Starbucks. Watch reaction for signs.

1 person likes this.
  9. Asian Sensation

Props... That's hard to do if they're attractive and don't let you smash. Unless you live an alternative lifestyle.

10. what

what Member

The best thing to do is date another girl in the class. Because while you are probably in the friendzone, every girl believes that every guy that takes an interest in them (and you are doing that) believes that they have them by the balls.

If you accept that you are in the friendzone (and then act accordingly by doing the same to her), she will freak out and gain feeling for you. I guarantee it.

#realtalk.

also the last thing you want to do is ask her out, if you do that you are a goner for sure.

11. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I can never be just friends with girls. Just never works out.

12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

A lot of "The Game" is r****ded, but negging works... and it works surprisingly well for me because I'm naturally a funny person. Unless of course it is a woman that has read "The Game," and then she calls your bluff. But, that just gives you an in... "Well, I liked you so much I wanted to get your attention."

If you've never been funny to a girl, and then you start making all of these negative jokes - it could easily backfire. I'm at the point where I just neg on all of my attractive lady friends from the start. "You wait for it to grow into a plant..."

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

But...did you smash tho????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

This. Because of this:

15. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Sounds like she's just convenient. Don't mistake that for feelings.

Also, you sure you're 31 and not 21 or 17? By the time you're 30+, and early 20-something females don't drop their pants at a snap of your fingers, your life has gone horribly wrong somewhere. By this point, you are (or should at least be perceived to be): successful, considerate, witty, worldly and mature, and she is: looking to be pampered and spoiled by a pseudo father figure who is still young enough not to be gross. If you're in anyone's friend zone, drop the stupid broad asap and move on.

You shouldn't need to be taught all this when you're already 30.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

1. Kill a wild animal.
    2. Skin it while making sure to get blood on your clothes.
    3. Take it to her.
    4. Hold it up and tell her: "I brought you some meat."

If she doesn't take you immediately to the bedroom after that, there is no hope.

17. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Kidnap a dwarf and pick up an uncurable terminal disease before giving the dwarf to her as a gift.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Word. I know one guy in his mid thirties who pulls that off perfectly. It's truly something exceptional to watch.

19. Mprice

Mprice Member

This. Dude that's exactly what I was thinking lol that's game playa!:grin:

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Neil Strauss, everybody, Neil Strauss!