1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

date in the park

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gbritton, Apr 13, 2009.

1. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

preface
    Ok, so i've had this massive crush on a bartender at a place i frequent for awhile now... but i've always made a point to not "hit-on" a bartender. mainly because they probably get it a lot. but then i noticed she started asking me questions and taking interest in me. so eventually i ask her for her number... and im gonna see if she wants to do something on friday after she gets off work.

now on to the actual "date." i dont like asking girls on dates.... puts a weird sense of pressure or whatever.
    anyways. i definately dont want to take her out to a bar or restaurant since she already works at one. so i was trying to think of something weird and off the wall (which im good at since im weird and really random). so all my ideas are exhausted... and ive come to the conclusion i should take her to either discovery green or herman park after she gets off work (at 9pm) and do some finger painting (im 25 and it still sounds like fun). And of course I will bring some booze.
    so the question is... is this a really odd idea? and two... are these parks safe in the evening???

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, that will be a great date, and something she will remember.......drunk and finger paints......sounds awesome !!

Report back here.

DD

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I concur 100%

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

If you are talking about the luscious gardens in my backyard, that's one thing, but a public park at night is a bad idea, generally.

5. Fatty FatBastard

Yeah. Good luck with that.

Just take her for some late night sushi. Bartenders are just fine with that. Don't overthink.

6. danny317

danny317 Member

good idea but 9pm sounds a little late for discovery green.

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

This is a splendid idea. My bet is that this will even enable you to seal the deal by recess on friday at the monkey bars. Good times, good times.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What he said.

You don't want your first date to end up on an episode of The First 48...

And like some others have said, fingerpainting sound a little bit cheesy for a date with a bartender.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

oops...missed the 9pm part...that might be a little late...for a park date.

DD

10. danny317

danny317 Member

take her to a roller-rink (if you can find one that is still open)

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think it would have been a cool idea had it not been so late at night.

Why don't you take her on a treasure hunt at Cindie's?

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Where would your fingers be doing the painting... on each other? ;)

Why couldn't you do the fingerpainting during the day another time at a park? :confused:

I took a girl to a stroll in the City Hall park during winter one time. It was VERY romantic (lights were on, etc.). Then the bums started harrassing us and I had to apologize and left. Another time, at Discovery Green, the Mrs. and I left an event at the George R. Brown and walked with some friends there at about 11, and some dude yelled "HEY! THE PARK IS CLOSED!" and tried to kick us out... we couldn't see if he was a security guard or no... we figured it was a hobo whose territory we had invaded. We left quietly.

Finger painting, GOOD. Finger painting each other, BETTER. Finger painting each other at a park, EVEN BETTER. Finger painting each other at a park at night with bums, NO. :eek:

And let's see some pics of this bartender. I know bars employ good-looking ones to attract clientele. A guy or a girl?

13. gbritton

gbritton Contributing Member

ok, yeah... i think yal are right. the park may be a little too late. man... thats so messed up. why can't we enjoy the park at night... instead we have to consider whether or not its safe. something is wrong with that... i never feel that way when im home in finland. oh well...
    looks like ill just stick with the bar idea. how about getting tres leches at the orginal ninfa's?

14. SwoLy-D

No bar. The last thing I'd want for my date (if I were single and still 'dating') to take me, would be a place like the one where I worked. Maybe you can take her or him to one if it is a piano bar or a karaoke bar, or somewhere were you both can be waited on or totally different than where he or she works, but not a "bar." :eek:

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Two words: Taco Bell

16. Fatty FatBastard

And when did you date a bartender? :rolleyes:

Going to a place for drinks after their shift is fine. Just don't stay or go to the place she works at. That is the one thing they don't want.

17. Kate81

Kate81 Member

If you go to Discovery Green, take her to that really nice restaurant there. I think its called The Grove. You should make reservations and sit out on the balcony.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think it's a good idea.

Went on a date to Herman park, had a picnic, and we rode on those paddle boats.

Of course it was her idea...if I thought of it she might have thought I was gay

19. SwoLy-D

Never. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn. :eek:

You didn't read the rest? I said BAR was ok, but just not the same one... I said "make it different" so she/he experiences a different type of bar. :p

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

What year was this?

And was it after 9pm?