1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@DarylMorey: Expand the Westbrook trade!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Roberson is done. Would not touch.

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They need to get over it. The tax on Patterson would be negligible and he's an expiring contract.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Fair

4. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

If only they didn’t trade Jerami I feel like Morey could’ve got him here.

With that said, I would love 2Pat coming back if only for @carlhererra

justtxyank and JVL713 like this.
  5. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Are you talking about the CP3/WB deal specifically or some other deal? What you're describing sounds like a team acquiring a player.via a trade and then wanting to then trade that player to another team. When you trade for a player, you can't include them along with other players (on your side of the deal) in a subsequent trade for 2 months. That would be your September date. You are allowed to "re-trade" them by themselves immediately.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  6. jjc1

jjc1 Member

If we can't get Covington I would be happy to get Jae Crowder from Memphis. Probably can get it done with 2 second round picks. Memphis saves $8M in salary. Crowder reminds me a lot of PJ Tucker with his toughness.

7. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

if a deal is available now then certainly use him. But if not I would still hope to sign him to a $13m 1+2NG to use as a trade piece later. He's still useful off the bench. Not worth that money but his contract is useful. That's the prudent thing to do from an asset standpoint, but it's not my money. Question is Tilman willing to pay that money and the tax that it includes, all for the option to use that contract later at the deadline.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Whats with everyone's obsession with love, he cannot play defense.

Mathloom, bmd, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

I would expand to include capela and get Steve Adams from OKC as well. He is just better than Capela imo, even though he can't run rim to rim. We got Russ for that now though.

11. fattz

fattz Member

As of now DM looks pretty bad taking on a longer contract and giving up picks after the new Rockets team will have peaked. We trade out of a bad contract of his doing by overpaying (mortgaging the future) on a selfish player that will not age well. More overlapping skill sets, again when the league is changing. He looks to be working as though he is here for the short term and desperate. If the deal is as published DM should be watched because he is leaving the Rockets soon.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Neither can Russ.
    Defensive rebounds are valuable. It also allows PJ to move to the 3 and Eric to the 6th man.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Just because our rebounding was trash last year, doesnt mean we should let our perimeter offense go to hell, we are still running the switch scheme.

Mathloom and D-rock like this.
  14. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The thing is.. I don't know what I'm talking about. That's why I asked.

If you start with a one for one deal, can the next deal aggregate players? In other words, can CP3 and PPat now be traded to the Hornets for a couple of blokes?

15. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Would love it if they expanded this into a three team trade. Doesn’t look like that’s happening at this point though. James Johnson and Winslow would have been nice. Hell Kelly Olynyk and Winslow would have been nice as well. Need a stretch 4 here. The more floor spacing and shooters the Rockets have the better. Now I think their goal is to try and get Korver and Igoudala.

jch1911 likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol a Patrick Patterson reunion??? Need to go buy stock in the company that makes Lubriderm because a few posters on here (well one) is gonna go to townnnnnn

17. aelliott

Are we? Do we know?

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It's like you have to be a CPA to be a basketball fan these days.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We could expand it to take back Gallo and get OKC under the lux tax, that would be interesting.

JoeBarelyCares, D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  20. aelliott

No. Any time you receive a player, regardless of how many players you received, the same rules apply.

There are cases where you can get creative and aggregate a player with other in a deal that appears to be violating that rule. The CBA allows each team to view their side of the trade as 1 or more trades for matching purposes. So if I want to re-trade a player, I could send him and another player out together if I'm able to view the deal as two separate trades and each is legal on it's own.