1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey's Inception

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 16, 2010.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

and if this actually goes down and AB is included in a trade for CP, then AB and Ariza get reunited in New Orleans. haha

2. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Haha. Perfect.

3. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It will be Lowry that is traded, not AB...at some point the Rox will not like paying $6million for a backup PG.

DD

6. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

1 person likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

...and when AB comes up for a new contract and wants 8-10m?

8. DaDakota

He gets it, and you trade the overpriced backup.

For reference see Carl Landry.....

DD

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

What I meant was, do you see a scenario where we keep Lowry, make him a starter for 6M, and trade AB? (Other than for CP3. Thats a no brainer).

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

then they would have just let him go.

No way. Morey didn't pay the undersized over productive Carl Landry. What makes you think he'll pay AB (undersized, Shooting guard).

You're living in a dream world NeoERRR wrong movie...

11. DaDakota

Morey doesn't just LET assets go, he signs them and uses them to make the team better.

He might trade either of them, but he will keep the one that makes the team better.

It will all depend on whom is on the team or the direction it is going.

If AB continues to improve, unless they flip him for a big named starter, than Lowry will be the odd man out.

You don't pay $6 million a year for a bit player.

DD

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Doesnt Gortat make that?

13. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

OP forgot 1 thing. PAUL DOESNT WANT TO PLAY HERE

And I can prove it.

Even if Morey's dream convinces Paul to leave,and N.O. to trade with Houston, Houston wont do it for a rental. Paul wont play here. Paul LOVES Ariza NOW,but when Ariza was on the Rockets,Paul wanted to play with NY,Magic,Mavs,LAkers, Paul's lrmr "list" didnt include houston.

If Paul likes Ariza SO MUCH why didnt Morey just keep ariza to try to lure Paul at the deadline?

Ariza and Paul are pals, and Morey screwed up trading Ariza because now we have NO shot at Paul.

Peoples dreamcasting acid induced dreams are annoying.

14. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

Morey doesnt know what he is doing. Thats why he paid 6 mil for a bit player,and thats why he didnt choose collison over brooks and thats why brooks will be traded for chump change soon because lowry is overpaid. If Collison who is younger and higher trade value was only worth troy murphy,imagine the crappy package we get for Brooks.

15. DaDakota

Yes, but bigs are a little bit different they are harder to replace, I still think Orlando is overpaying and that is why they are in the Lux tax, which is something the Rockets avoid, so it is hard to compare us to teams that spend stupidly like them and Dallas.

DD

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Ill admit I dont know what he is doing, but I trust he does for he could easily have let him go and saved the money. Add to this that he wouldnt pay Gortat 6M, which shows he is not beyond backing down on players he does not see enough upside for. Add to this he signed another point recently. No, he is up to something.

btw...imo, the jury is still out on Collison. Sure, he had a great 1/2 season stepping into a offense designed around a point guard. While that may be enough for other people, im holding out judgment until at least this coming mid season.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Honestly man, I just wish you would go away. You were good for some comedy relief for a while, but your act is beyond old. Everyone on this board is entitled to their opinions, that's why we are here. You just don't really have anything to offer. You're not half as smart as you think you are. I've seen you other places stating "I lie on clutchfans to get my points across" bs. Contribute something more than "Morey doesn't know what he's doing" or get out.

Damn who's going to invent the option to punch someone through their computer screen, I want to get started now.

18. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Please stop posting...

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You're the one that accurately detailed Greg Oden's penis. Please, stop. Stay away from logical and reasonable discussions, thanks.

20. mFt82

mFt82 Member

Isn't one of the reasons Ariza wasn't a good fit in Houston because the chemistry between him and Brooks? Why would New Orleans trade a star for someone that one of their core wouldn't jive with? This is ****ing clown shoes, if you ask me.