1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey says the Rockets’ title window is now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Mar 4, 2017.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey said that our title window is the next 4 years when we signed Dwight so I guess this and next year is our last at a shot for a title in Morey's mind.

It's going to take a lot of injuries to other teams for us to get to the finals.

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Your confidence is simply too overwhelming for me at this point.

Btw, this post was brought to you by the date single asian women ad which seems to never leave the bottom of my screen.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. bongman

bongman Member

To me, it's understandable why some of us don't have confidence in our chances. But if you look at the other side of the coin, I don't think any western conference team would confidently say we are an easy out and would prefer to play us on a 7 game series. That in itself is something to be excited about.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

which is an unacceptable number. too many losers, the nba need to do something.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What is you proposal?

People act like that is easy to do.
    Like there is 28 other teams that are all about helping your team
    for free

Rocket River

DonKnock likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

We certainly feel like a dark horse contender now that GS is wounded. Blood in the water.

We don't need to "shoot lights out" to win it all but won't be able to too afford many consecutive terrible shooting nights in the playoffs. We are top 10 in points in the paint, 7th last time I checked, with Harrell, Capela, and Nene all averaging +60% FGA. If Lou Williams can be maximized in the system by being Harden-lite then we stand a good chance in the current climate, that is scoring off the dribble and running the PNR effectively. He certainly is an underrated playmaker, especially in the PNR.

Lastly, we need to keep running the PNR even when things aren't working as we have a tendency for hero ball to spread across the team to get out of a funk.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

That was the title window with dwight.

Now he is talking about this title window with this group

CCity Zero, DonKnock and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Le(t)s spend some big bucks! Or not.

The owner has to be willing to go all in and act like it.

#29 daywalker02, Mar 5, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

A good percentage of the population doesn't pay their electricity bills. Those people have no lights.

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This isn't exactly true,

One team wins the Championship, and one team wins the lottery :D

#TrustTheProcess

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

On Zach Lowe's podcast, Morey said that after Sloan every year he goes to Europe.

Maybe he will find a new set of man boobs to bring back to lock down the paint for us:D

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. omgTHEpotential

I agree. Morey has assembled a contender. He did his job. Now it's on Harden & Co. to prove what they can do.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He spent $136m on 2 players this past off- season and extended Harden for $100m more, but yes, let's keep pounding the narrative that Les doesn't want to win......

15. dmoneybangbang

Huh? He seems pretty willing to spend on an appropriate team.

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's just stupid at this point. Morey tries every offseason to give players the max. The idea that les doesn't want to spend money makes zero sense. If what morey tries for every year were to ever happen, we'd be maxed out completely against the luxury tax. Can't help that the big dogs don't sign here.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Agreed. A lot of guys on this team are around 28 years old. Our window with this core is probably 3-4 years if there aren't major health issues.

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

This team is a bit confusing. I love it when we hoist 50+ threes and have a give zero **** attitude, but when we aren't hitting around 35% we need to at least try and defend in transition. Contrary to popular belief we don't have to hit 20 3's to win, but it would help if the attitude wasn't simply "well we will just score on the next possession screw defense."

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no narrative, everyone wants to win.

Ok. Spending every now and then seems to be the new cool thing to do. I thought "he only wants to see an uptempo game and all offense".

The story is old, I give you that, but there are teams that go to the Finals a lot in recent years and there are teams that do not go there at all.

The Rockets are in the middle of that.

I won't say we have given it all until we are in the Finals for several years. During good times which is now and during worse times.

Maybe spending the money on the right talent and wisely would do the trick.

No more waiting 17 or 18 years for another NBA finals appearance.
    I am a mortal and not a demi god that can live and wait so long just to watch a Rockets featured Final.