1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey regrets Jeremy Lin cut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fostate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Huh? What good players did he pass on in the draft? I swear, some of you all just make $#%# up.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

well, let's be honest..I might not be on a GM level..but just looking at a few preseason games that Lin played in 2010, he showed more than Flynn did in Minny or for that matter here in Houston his whole career..

I might be just a guy who likes a certain way a player plays..so what you see or someone else, might be different on what I prefer in basketball..

3. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Exactly people are making a big deal out of nothing. Its great story about some guy who had no D1 scholarship offers, undrafted from Harvard, and pretty much shafted his whole career. In the end he's a serviceable PG for a franchise dying for one.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I understand what you are saying, but please, find anywhere I hyped or over-hyped Lin, I even created a thread in the feedback section asking for a subcategory for the guy...it annoys me as much as it annoys you

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=215088

5. choujie

choujie Member

It's too early to say it, but let's wait and see if all four 09 1st rounders Rockets have now and the NY pick combined will have the same trade value as Lin by the end of the season.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Actually it might be a big deal if the guy continues to turn out to be pretty good.

It would show a lot about the ability of the organization to evaluate talent or rather not be able to.

DD

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's would he would have said, except he only had 140 characters to work with.

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

probably cost us a few draft spots also..

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Whether Morey regrets it or not we kept an inferior player (Flynn). I hope Flynn's contract plays a role in a move that Morey makes. If Flynn is simply released after the deadline, it was the wrong move.

Congrats to Lin though, gotta respect a guy who finally gets a chance and is making the most of it on the biggest stage in the basketball world. Good for him. Doing in New York may make him some money off the court as well if he remains consistent. Props to him.:grin:

10. DaDakota

HP is right, it is showing a glimpse into the man's ego - because he is basically saying no one could have seen that Lin was capable.

Sort of like "if I couldn't see it, no one could".....

DD

11. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

People seem to forget that we didn't have a training camp or summer league to evaluate talent this off season, and only 2 preseason games.

It's silly to say the Rockets "should have known". The Knicks picked the guy up and didn't know! If they knew he could play like this do you really think it would take almost half a season of completely terrible PG play for him to break into the rotation?

12. DaDakota

No it isn't silly it is their JOB to know....there were glimpses of what this kid could do in Summer league last year, and in GState.

He was not a secret....and we had him, and let him go for nothing, if you are going to crow about the wins that Morey has, you certainly need to hold him accountable for his mistakes too.

DD

13. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Yeah but isn't that just focusing on the few bad talents while ignoring all the right moves our front office have made?

Look at all the undervalued talents Morey have brought in, Bud, Landry, Brooks, Lowry, Scola, Parsons, etc.

I think you are being a little unfair here.

14. choujie

choujie Member

I guess the reason Lin was the last one to get cut is because he was doing damages in practice and Rockets knew he had talent. There were a lot factors to consider at that time. In the end, only one decision could be made. But that decision could turn out to be a mistake.

15. joesr

joesr Member

Read. L2R

Picking or keeping.

Do I need to spell it out again? Maybe slower?

p i c k i n g o r k e e p i n g

I will give you a example in your non-reading quick to reply without thinking self.

He keeps Flynn (keeping), a lottery pick. Lets go Lin (letting go), a lottery pick. Also has about 3 other lottery bust (keeping).

Do I need to go over this again or do you understand now?

How did you say it?
    = I swear, some of Nook just dont read before replying and make up $#%#.

kthxsbye

16. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

This won't be an issue in about 10 days when Lin is back to averaging 6ppg after his MASSIVE OFFENSE OUTBURST against the Wizards Jazz and Nets, all of which are in the bottom third in Points Allowed Per Game.

17. DaDakota

Look if we are going to shout about how good Lowry is after he plays those same scrub teams, it is only fair we do the same about Lin.

DD

18. choujie

choujie Member

To be fair, even the best organization makes mistakes. For example, Spurs had Scola but he became a Rocket.

19. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

Well Morey didn't really pick Flynn, we wanted DMo and Minni made us take on Flynn's contract. The same goes for Thabeet, and to a lesser extent Hill.

20. LpBryan03

LpBryan03 Member

More worried about his playmaking ability than his ability to put the ball in the basket. He had 6 TO's in three quarters, no one should be praising that.

Lin had a couple of good games, but he's no Lebron James as he's being compared to now.