1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey regrets Jeremy Lin cut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fostate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

if we have that many guards why Lowry is playing 40 Plus min? I rank Lins play making skills over Dragic already.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry was never behind Alston.

Alston was traded for Lowry.

Lowry always got minutes here.

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yep. If Lin was doing it for the Bobcats or Wizards, it would NOT be as big a deal.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Parsons wasn't supposed to play either and look what happened. We thought we were good with t-will, bud, and morris at sf.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lowry was traded FOR Rafer Alston. He was getting playing time regardless.

Morey was targeting Lowry a long long time ago, the moment he was in the draft. He is Morey's biggest hit.

6. choujie

choujie Member

Sorry my mistake. But Lowry at that time wasn't better than Lin at this moment.
    Lin is very young, you can't say he'd never get a chance here just because we have Lowry and Dragic. Anything can happen during the season, like trades or injuries.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Well, Dragic has a pay day coming up and who knows if we'll be able to keep him. Locking Lin into a dirt cheap contract for the next few years would have been a pretty brilliant solution to that problem.

In that sense, Lin was a major moneyball miss.

8. choujie

choujie Member

Lowry is Morey's biggest hit. Lin could be Morey's biggest missed hit.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lin will level out don't let all the NY hype blind you he played what like two good games and now he is magic Johnson come on if he was playing for us and was putting up those numbers he would still be a nobody

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Of course people noticed his bball foundation THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON HE WAS CLAIMED! We let him go to make room for other big men that we are in need of.

Point is this would be a non topic if he wasn't claimed by us and then picked up by NY. They lucked up and got a good one, hell they were even interested in trading for Flynn. Johnny freakin Flynn ! The same guy you all are damning for us not having Lin now.

SMH this forum is a mess.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm calling it here:

The Amel Lin jinx.

12. Shroopy2

At BEGINNING of the season, remember Patterson was hurt. So they probably thought they needed the extra frontcourt help with Adrien. Adrien even played the first game of the season. Though small, its just another circumstance leading to not keeping Flynn.

Though STILL, there was Marcus Morris and Chandler Parsons to stick in at the 4. Its not like Hasheem Thabeet is getting some time. You could keep Lin on the inactive list until time for trading someone else.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yes, but that's just one of several things that needed to line up for him. Asian support alone isn't going to get it done, otherwise he would have worked out in GS, which has the largest.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're claiming this off of 3 games with a losing team?

Before Lowry got hurt in Memphis he averaged near 10ppg 3rb 3as PER GAME!
    He was also younger than Lin is now too.

Lin is 23 years old. That is not young in terms of a 3rd string project. You should be happy for him for not being buried on a bench like T-Will.

15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

wat?!

don't make it personal with me...I don't even care about this, but wanted to put out my opinion out there..

all I'm saying is, Morey is not being honest by saying that he didn't expect him to be that good...

look, Lynn played against subpar teams and delivered...by looking what he has done since the 2010 preseason, this was something EVERYONE who knows a bit about basketball should have EXPECTED...

16. Shroopy2

Remember when RAMON SESSIONS came on the scene and was an all around DYNAMO star-in-the-making? Dishing out 24 ASSISTS, shooting over 40% from 3?

Now...He's a decent pro, yes. But instead of the next Chris Paul, he's competing with Boobie Gibson for time.

Lin will come back down a little. Probably as a decent pro at or around Goran Dragic level.

17. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

I guess you should be a GM then, since you know more than all 30 of them that passed on Lin multiple times. Even NY was targetting FLYNN before Lin, lmao.

18. wiredog

wiredog Member

wait, he's wrong. someone sic glenrice on DM....he can make all the bets and convince the GM of an NBA team that Lin is a fluke because the idea of an undrafted asian kid from harvard doing well in the NBA is absurd.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm not targeting you. It's everyone on this board that was oh so certain that Lin was the real deal. Even with 2 minutes of court time while with us. Trust me we will find out how much of a real deal Lin is.

And don't get me wrong I root for the kid, he's a good guy, very intelligent, the underdog, but what you guys are hyping him up to be over 3-4 games is pretty pathetic.

Even Mike Wilbon is laughing at NY fans that are expecting him to be the savior of the season. With him they have a chance to make the playoffs, without Melo they have an excellent chance to make the playoffs but that team is going to be what it was once they return and Lin will be a role playing PG the way he would be with any other team.

Everyone else is just going with the NY hype, I guarantee if he would be doing this in Toronto people could give two sh!ts.

20. choujie

choujie Member

That "3 games with a losing team" thing is ridiculous. Lin only played starting minutes in those 3 games in his entire life, he dominated all 3 games, Knicks won all 3 despite missing their max players.

How many minutes and games Lowry played before he average 10/3/3, how many games and minutes Lin played?

23 year old is pretty young for a PG, and he is not a 3rd string project talent. That's why I think Morey made a mistake. If he's only a 3rd string project, there is no mistake to talk about.