1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey regrets Jeremy Lin cut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fostate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Terrence has to be angling to get cut after the trade deadline he has been openly questioning Morey on TWitter.

DD

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he tried to trade Flynn, but no takers. That's why it took so long to sign Sam. (Durvasa I think first made this point).

As far as Adrien over Lin, at the time we had more of a need for big men.

We are still somewhat thin up front.

But We are completely set at PG even without Lin. We have basically 2 starting caliber PGs right now.

3. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

there is no need for a crystal ball, the guy can play and thats it..

I am not saying he is on a Allen Iverson level, but even this early in his career you can notice his bball foundation is there, the skill set is there and the most important thing, the kid is smart..

and I bet you that Morey, the way he sees things new exactly what I'm describing here...why he let him go is a different story that only management knows..

look, even the few preseason games he played for us, Lin looked more promising than freaking Flynn..

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, I should give Morey's statement more thought. But if Lin was doing this now on the Rockets and the Golden State GM said the same thing

"We should have kept him."
    "I did not know he was this good."
    "Anyone who says they knew is misleading U."

We would all be saying, "Morey knew." Stop defending his obvious display of ego here.

There is no reason for Morey to compliment Lin and then write his last line...especially since Morey considers personality and hardwork (Lowry) as a major part of player evaluation.

5. YallMean

YallMean Member

To say Lin wouldnt shine here is like saying we would never have tasted cake because we are just that dumb. The truth is Lin is a good player, much better than you knew. Why couldnt he play and find a spot to help this team. We would never know, so dont make it like a foregone conclusion.
    Also, I have been holding for awhile not to comment on this Either Lin or Bear talk. Nonsense. The kid was on a league minimum non guranteea contract. The math didnt work because we didnt value him. If we want him, we could have him. Just admit, Morey made a mistake, not a big deal.o

6. cod

cod Member

can't fault him really. his future is at stake without minutes. the team didn't pick up his option and for the second year have him glued to the bench.

i'm not saying they should play him but do him a solid by trading him. other players and agents will notice.

7. joesr

joesr Member

and this is all she wrote. happy lin got cut, otherwise he wouldnt have had any time to show skills on a rockets bench. moreys stats thing isnt good at picking orkeeping the good lottery picks.

funny thing is twill will showcase the same once he gets steady minutes.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It makes sense. But then, suppose we managed to trade Flynn and we kept Lin.

Our backcourt would be:

PG: Lowry, Dragic/Lin
    SG: Martin, Lee, Dragic

That's 5 players who all probably deserve PT at 2 positions. As you've argued in the past, having good players riding the pine because there just isn't enough playing time is sort of waste and not close to an ideal situation.

9. DaDakota

Exactly, he needs to look out for himself, he doesn't care, nor should he care, about the Rockets.

DD

10. Mr. Clutch

I guess having Lin could have made Dragon expendable.

But would we really trade Dragic even if we had Lin?

11. DaDakota

Are you seriously asking that question?

Morey would trade anyone.

DD

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morey is saying this cause of the Knicks picks

13. choujie

choujie Member

Honestly, I don't see Twill helping his team much unless he changes the way he plays. Have talent and how to use talent are two different things.

14. Mr. Clutch

He wouldnt trade Dragon just to make room for Lin.

Lin wouldnt be getting PT here.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

year of the PGs huh?

damn it

16. choujie

choujie Member

The funny thing is Lin himself will be worth more than the NY pick.

17. Mr. Clutch

Lin would be getting zero minutes and everyone would be complaining that we have too many guards on the roster.

Oh and we still have to make room for Marcus Morris.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Might as well be how it should read.

Of course T-Will is implying that he HIMSELF is one of those "gems being undervalued". Saying the Rockets should know REAL talent (like himself) when they SEE it.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good take. Like I said in one of the other Lin threads, if Morey knew Lin was THIS good, he would have traded Dragic and made Lin the official backup to Lowry.

Or he would have got a second round pick and drafted Lin in 2010.

20. choujie

choujie Member

Lowry didn't get much playing time behind Alston and AB either. But see where he's at now?