1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey press conference post draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Jun 29, 2012.

1. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

morey's already promised he will make changes to make rox back to #9 best team in the west.

2. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Agreed, and I hope they make some major moves soon to address this. Still, if their talent assessment turns out to be correct, we should be very happy that we were able to at least deny these players to our competition.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey was on this morning on The Big Show on 790 and was asked if the Dallas/Cleveland trade "screwed him over". His response was "maybe" haha.

4. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

1) There has been a direction. It was to rebuild the team by trading depth for an all-star, and to avoid tanking for a high lottery pick. You just don't like the direction. BTW, that plan has been in place for 2 seasons.
    2) Everything has a context, despite how much you like play Donald Trump on the Apprentice and say, "You're Fired". We lost 2 superstars by injury. The owner doesn't want to tank. We had Pau Gasol and Nene Hilario in our pocket, but the deal was killed by the Little Dictator.
    3) Let's see what happens prior to the next season.

The only legitimate criticism I can see against Morey at this point is that he was either the instigator of the team's plan, or he has not been able to convince Les that the plan is too difficult and unreliable to count on. If your boss tells you that you have to execute a miracle, it is your job to set expectations.

Anyway, please stop with the constant ultra-definitive statements. You've said everything 1,000 times over. Is there anyone here that can't recite your talking points from memory?

7 people like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rep this man

6. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

CD had the good fortune of having Dream on his roster. He was a terrible GM. We've had a hard time coming by superstars (or superstars that can stay healthy anyway) but at least I don't have to worry about Morey commiting long term money to the likes of Kelvin Cato, Matt Maloney and Maurice Taylor. I can understand getting impatient but I respect Morey for doing the best with the cards that are dealt to him. Which has included $40 million in contracts wasted because of injury, a trade that would have brought a solid big here last season being vetoed by the Commisioner, and a generation of NBA players that don't want to be the alpha dogs on their respective teams. A huge part of this is luck.

4 people like this.
  7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

That's a fair argument. In that case it would depend on your player evaluation of him versus this years draft class.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, what I think is that he never really was on the table because it would look bad to trade a guy who's been vocal about wanting to come over and play for the Rockets. We'll never know though, because Charlotte foiled the plan.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Done.

10. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I joined the board after Morey was already here. He must either be referring to the loss of Adelman's coaching staff, or suggesting that Morey's front office staff have since gone brain dead.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

drop those truth dimes all over clutchfans

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Sorry, but I'm tired of hearing the plan will take awhile. It's already been a damn long while! We are gaining no traction or direction in getting better when we draft like this. There wasn't a single need filled last night. Sure, there will be more moves ahead, but anyone that is upbeat about the direction of this team is fooling themselves. Morey and Co need to do something to better this team. We've treaded water long enough as overachievers. Sink or swim Morey!

13. pass_to_Hakeem

ship out T Jones and M Morris ... grab a couple 5's honestly, or a Hibbert and J SMith... I'd much rather have that combo in the starting 5...let D Mo come off the bench for now

14. RocketsPimp

1. The direction has left us idle, going nowhere. You admit the plan has been in place for 2 seasons. During that time the team has not improved one iota.
    2. When "The deal that didn't happen" was nixed, that was the cue to change course. Right then and there, not tread water hoping things fall in place. Get out there and make things happen. We had a plan to acquire picks and move up. Well what was plan B? Continue to suck with a roster full of forward tweeners, an aging PF and SG and borderline all-star PG? It's long past time to wreck shop and pick a new direction.
    3. Same thing was said the past 2 seasons. We've seen what happens. We overachieve, barely miss the playoffs and even if we made the playoffs we have no shot at seriously contending. A sign of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect a different outcome. Time to do something different.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its been 2 years since Yao Ming retired. Yeah, that's a long time! WTF MAURY?! OKC only took 5 years to become WCF after getting KD on day 1?! :rolleyes:

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

We started last season with our best players being Lowry, KMart and Scola.

This year we still have those 3 under contract, but have Dragic, Parsons and DMo in the mix. What do you mean the team hasn't improved one iota? The only people who think that are people who are extremely ignorant and dumb. The Rockets have been upgrading their roster continuously, just like how OKC improved their team continuously over a period 5 years but still collected lottery picks.

17. BEARCLAW

BEARCLAW Member

I won't be shocked if Houston makes a play for Asik of the Bulls and actually is able to get him.

The way I understand it, Chicago is in bad shape, cap-wise.

If Asik is available, I think they should take a run at him as long as the overall price to get him isn't too silly...

18. RocketsPimp

And we're starting another year with our best players being Lowry, KMart and Scola. Yay.

Upgrading?? Give me a break. If Dragic (a career backup), Parsons (still basically a rookie) and D-Mo (who has never set foot on an NBA court) are upgrades/improvements, shoot me now. D-Mo is the only guy in that group that can help us improve and that's only because we have no idea how he'll pan out. Otherwise it's just more of the status quo.

OKC's picks and the Rockets picks are light years apart simply because 3 of their 4 best players players were top-4 picks. They improved by sucking and getting top picks, not treading water with mediocre players and picks in the mid-teens.

Alot of folks think think team is not improving, so I guess we're all just extremely ignorant and dumb. :rolleyes: This team is at least 3-5 years away from being a legit playoff contender and that is being generous.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

I'd much rather have Hibbert but you are right , our best shot would be at Chicago, because it looks like they are getting ready to dump some salaries over there

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was hoping for a trade, but how can you say Lamb doesn't fill a need. By saying that, it sounds like you are not in favor of trading Kevin Martin. If we trade Martin for something other than a SG, then SG becomes our 2nd weakest position.