1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on Dan LeBetard Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Oct 30, 2013.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Best rockets lineup by far.

2. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

from what i saw in the preseason...
    jones was a better 4 compared with dmo, but he was slightly out of shape in the preseason (while, dmo had clearly improved after the summer.) if i were the gm/coach, his work-ethic/ceiling would be in doubt.

3. nobie

nobie Member

I actually think Casspi is overrated. And he will find himself out of rotation in like 10-20games. But i guess we will see.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bye bye DMo and TJones.

5. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

casspi probably is the weakest among the three, but he is also the one that plays the hardest.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mauri and LeBasterd

8. Raven

Raven Member

Then let's hope it works, or at least calms down Asik enough to accept a role off the bench, because we don't want to trade Asik for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn't call the guy a star, well, maybe kinda sorta a star, but he is an impact player who can help a team leapfrog into contender status. Forgot all the yapping about his contract, he has tremendous value, but GMs are probably trying to low ball Morey, and he's not going for it.

BTW, the Blazers are trailing by ten in the third. Let's hope they lose. ;)

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

Looks like this is gona take more than enthusiasm, if McRobert can cause trouble for us, what is gona happen when we are facing Bosh or Melo?

10. nobie

nobie Member

you gotta play your real PF's.... @ Tjones and Dmo. Just like i predicted Casspi looked terrible. Everyone was high on him. But remember he is worse defender against 4 than Dmo, his rebounding rate inflated, and hes definitely not better rebounder than either of Tjones or Dmo. And hes 3pt shot isnt much better than Dmo (31% last season). Now those 3 skills everyone was high on Casspi, but he isnt better in any those against our real PF's. While both Dmo and Tj both bring something extra for use( TJones - great dribble, Dmo - post ups + passing).

11. NotChandlerParsons

Letting McRoberts chuck a bunch of 3s is the correct defensive decision. Just because he got hot one game doesn't change that.

12. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Man, LeBetard is brutal. Does he think he's funny? (don't listen to him at all) He seems like he's got a little Josh Innes thing going on.

I think that SVG is very good, and would probably be even better away from LeBetard. Esprcially for this interview, since he knows Dwight's tendencies, and shortcomings so well. And like bro JVG he tells it like he thinks it is. I like that.

Good interview and thanks for the link durvasa.

I did think the part about Saban being able to get caught running a Meth lab, and still keep his head coaching job was hilarious.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

motet is about to come on 790 now

14. Play07

Play07 Member

MOREY ***

15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It's why I still think an Asik/Other Power Forward (TJ or DMo) for Millsap + Lucas Nogueira (Dec. 15) will be the way to go. A power forward you can count on---rebounds, even shoots from three---plus a young deer to run the floor and backup DH12.

We'll go the square peg, round hole route for awhile until the right deal does become available. Thank goodness for the twin towers of rebound last night.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

SVG was killing it on that show. I might listen to that show on Wednesdays from now on just to hear SVG speak.