1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDreams, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Yeah, this is a good trade for a lot of reasons, but the best reason was shoring up our backup 2-guard spot. Kevin Martin is a huge injury risk, and neither of our point guards play the wing all that well. Courtney Lee was the perfect fit, and I am fully confident that Battier and Chase will do well with their increased role at the 3.

2. tencee

tencee Member

i didn't know much about Lee

what's that guy like .

3. blunto

blunto Member

4. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I'd like to think Morey sees the likelihood of another SF, maybe Iguodala, becoming available to the Rockets via trade, and made this move with that in mind. Maybe that's the case, maybe not, but I'd like to think so.

5. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Why do people keep saying Taylor this, Taylor that. Lee is a better defender, has a better shooting percent, more coachable and has a higher bball IQ... all of which will help him become an even better player on this team. Jermaine Taylor is an exciting player to watch at times but isnt better for this team than Lee. Not by a longshot.

Like i said in another forum:

Lee will be a stud for us. See his rookie year; with a great supporting cast, I see him improving to what he did in orlando two yrs back. (he was rookie starting and excelling for that team)

I see him looking much better in a rockets uni with this group around him. The kid has always been underrated. Likely not our last move this offseason. No, I don't see Lee in any of those future moves either. He's a bargain that we should keep.

6. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Was thinking exactly the same thing -Iguodala would be a great fit for us

7. cbb139

cbb139 Member

This is a good point. If Martin goes down, it's better to have Lee as a starting two, than the likes of Ariza, Taylor.

8. jackiespam

jackiespam Member

ariza was signed to play two guard and when dmorey and adelman saw he couldnt play that position he be came expandable. ariza game translate to a good defender but terrible shooter, lee is about the same defender with a better offensive skill set, ariza cant finish a drive. Only problem with lee is too small for small forward. lee gives them insurance in case martin goes down with a another freak injury. with the trade exception they can used that to get a another big man if yao cant play or injuries himself.