1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey on 610

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDreams, Aug 11, 2010.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

I don't think we're the ones that did the overrating. It's Morey, who keeps plugging him and telling us how much Adelman loves him, that has put it in our heads hes going to be great. And JT did guard Kobe pretty well when he played for us, so we're believing him.

They kept saying they're trying to find minutes for him and then they bring Lee over. Forgive us for being confused.

2. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Brooks/Lowry
    Martin/Lee/Taylor
    Budinger/Battier (either way)
    Scola/Hill/Hayes
    Yao/Miller/Jeffries

Like Morey said, this move is largely a vote of confidence in Budinger at the 3. I like the move and I think we're deeper now with Lee and w/ Ariza.

3. redao

redao Member

never seen anyone talked high about JT.

4. blunto

blunto Member

"At the four-spot, I see Chuck Hayes winning a lot of the minutes there. He just came back from [where?] camp, which is the biggest off-season NBA camp, and might have been the best player there. He was playing out of his mind."

1 person likes this.
  5. JoeZ

JoeZ Member

This team is capable of going uptempo, Effectively big inside, Yao, Miller and Hayes. Adelman will put a defensive group together and wins will be the result of our hard work. Go Rockets!

2010-2011 NBA CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. tofu--

tofu-- Member

7. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

This makes perfect sense. The only reason the rockets even signed ariza was because he was considered a pretty big free agent coming off a championship season. They figured he would be a key tradable asset. Lee on the other hand is going to be great. Battier will teach lee everything that is defense. Lee and k. Martin also worked out together this summer. And last but not least, lee is entering his third year. That's the year you can tell what kind of ball player your going to end up being. Not to mention he's the perfect back up solution incase martin goes down( he started in his first 2 seasons).

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This is basically my take. It was an "exorcise the demons" trade. Too often I would think I was having a nightmare when I squinted at the TV and saw a 6'9 player with #1 on his back shooting a long jumper at the end of the shot clock.

But then the ball would actually arc instead of taking on the unmistakeable T-Mac laser beam we've all come to know and hate.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And yet, the result was the same. :( :grin:

11. Raven

Raven Member

No downside to this trade. None.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I wonder what that list would go for on the black market? Daryl better make sure he keeps his direct reports happy.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rudy Fernadez and Brandon Rush are two suspects for that list.

I also know for sure that Chris Bosh and Lebron James are on that list.

And by the way, Gersson Rosas also got on radio to talk trade, as did Jason Friedman:

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/08/11...-personnel-gersson-rosas-on-sr610/#more-12564

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Nice post.

I'm not really sure why so many people seem to think that you only trade a guy if he's horrible and that you can only be happy with a completely one sided deal.

Morey was able to sign Ariza for what he thought was a fair price. Now he has the opportunity to turn that into other assets which believes to be a better value. Nothing wrong with that. Just because he traded Ariza doesn't mean that they are sorry that they signed him. It's a different season and different circumstances and they felt that the combination of Lee, a TE and cash savings were a better option than Ariza.

If you make a good deal but a better deal presents itself at a later time then you make that deal.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

I'd rather have Lee than Ariza given their contracts and attitudes... but getting Collison might have been a bigger asset... but roster wise Lee is indeed a better fit

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I wanted to keep Artest, always thought he was a better player than Ariza. Guess the one year rental of Ariza convinced Morey that we could do without him. Not sure about the Lee trade because Lee was a starter in NJ and now he's back to being a backup behind Martin, he's also a little small for the 3, so his role on the team is uncertain to me plus he may be another 1 year rental because of his contract.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's a backup 2, who can potentially fill in when Kevin Martin gets injured.