1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Daryl Morey is smart, but he's got no sense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Ivan K.

Ivan K. Member

Those crying about Luc barely knew who he was a season ago. Here's an idea: how about we think a bit further than the last tweet we read? Carmelo literally went from genius move by Sam Presti (wtf were you doing Morey!?) to trash and worst player ever in a single season. Come on now. Be serious. Calm the eff down.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol Morey is not worried about GS, hes left them in the dust, hes worried about Foster Brothers

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

In the real life do you focus on what you lack or enjoy what you have?

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am upset we lost Luc, I really liked him last year, and if he was healthy I believe we would have won even with Pauls INjury.

That being said. I was very upset we hired D'antoni. I trust Morey. We will see what he has planned. So before I freak out I will see how everything develops.

lionaire, abaker28 and DreamShook like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

My God Morey is thinking just like me, perhaps I am Morey and I didnt know it all this time?

roslolian and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. nomiz1987

nomiz1987 Member

perhaps after 2 shoulder dislocations morey knows more than we do. might be that Luc is a shell of his former self now and not worth the price?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  7. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Congratulations m! You and Morey have mediocre mindsets! You think Goldenstate thinks like this? No, thats why they get demarcus for 5 mill

saleem likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Delusional.

Or

Damage control.

Let's hope it's the latter.

9. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Strangely, I find myself possessing the ability to be positive and negative regarding very specific details - and not just narrowly force myself to focus on what's good about a situation.

Feeling a small bit of sorrow and regret regarding the loss of our starting sf, who clearly loved playing here, doesn't mean I don't appreciate how great my team is. But when you couple the loss of Ariza with the fact that we didn't sign Luc to partially fill that void, and you could say that right now I'm not very pleased - so much so that I felt the need to make my first post regarding the loss of Ariza on the forum.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Count me in on those who knew Luc before he became a Rocket. He was friggin 32 yr old by then.

As a Buck, as a Sixer, as a Clip. Houston was one of the places his Offense was featured too.

11. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Same. I was upset we used the BAE on Tarik Black instead of Luc lol. Ended up signing Luc to the vet min a few days later. Was very pleased.

It sucks we lost both Luc and Trevor, but the Rockets made it to the WCF without Luc playing well at all. We beat Minny without him, Got by Utah with him getting burn against Utah despite playing bad. Was taken out of rotation completely against Golden State. A healthy Luc would have been awesome, but he wasn't yet Houston still went deep into the playoffs.

I think the Rockets need to collect some young bodies in case we get hit with the injury bug again during the playoffs. At the moment I'm more concerned about Capela. I'm hoping we sign him to a deal rather than the QO. I have no doubt in my mind that if he signs that QO then it will be good and bad. He will absolutely give us the best year of his life, but dude is going to earn a max contract at the same time...and likely leave us. If we sign him to a deal now I think he will still give us the best year of his life.

After that I'll be concerned with the Trevor replacement that is Carmelo Anthony. Ugh.

Chris Paul // ---
    James Harden // Eric Gordon
    PJ Tucker // Gerald Green
    Melo Anthony // Ryan Anderson
    Clint Capela // Nene

It can work.... maybe. Wish we had more roster spots open. Would love for Houston to sign some bigs already. Nene won't cut it anymore. Sorry, Cod :/ Pipe dream is Alex Len lol. Hopefully no one is willing to pay up Len. Would be great here, and he'd boost his value playing on a contending team for 2019 free agency.

roslolian and daywalker02 like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes.

There's a big diff between paying Ariza and Luc and paying Capela. Like I said wait for the Rox to decline before you go ballistic, who are you Tom Cruise in Minority Report? Capela hasnt even received a deal from other teams you are already ranting about how Cp3 and Harden will demand a trade from Houston wtf!

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

We need at least 1 wind defender and Ryan Anderson shouldn't be on the roster next season

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Where are your assets? :D

15. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

Really don't mind losing Moute and, to a certain extent, Ariza. I'm upset that they're trying to replace them with a ball-hogging washed up Melo. They preached 3 and d all year and now they want to get a guy who can't defend and maybe even can't shoot the ball at a decent percentage anymore. That kinda pisses me off. There's gotta be someone else out there that actually fills the team's needs.

16. Asian Sensation

Was never a fan of Luc even in the regular season. The Playoffs showed we don’t need him. I know some will bring up that a healthy Luc would’ve made a difference well I don’t buy it. He won’t be missed as much as people are making it seem like.

Who knows if he’ll ever be the same not just physically but mentally as well. His shoulder popping out will always be a concern and hold him back. A player like him (minimal skills) can’t afford to not go all out and play balls to the wall.

After his abysmal performance (worst performance since Luther Head) in the playoffs his confidence is at rock bottom. Damaged used goods. Definitely not worth the MLE or any portion of it. It was vet min again or bust. I’m glad his minutes are going elsewhere whether it’s Melo, Green or unknown.

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Simple, it looks like Morey has chosen to go all in for Melo. By not signing Ariza (to a contract that we wouldn't have been able to match) or Luc he's trying to show Melo that he's making room for him? Watch the Rockets will end up signing someone like Nick Young.. :confused:

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There is something to be said about continuity. It appears we are heading to a new season possibly missing at least 3 vital contributors to the campaign: Ariza, Luc and Capela (tbd).

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

sure...

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Perhaps, but that isn't really the point. Decent backup role players have signed up at relatively cheap prices within the MLE, eg Ed Davis with Brooklyn, and a very efficient shooter eg Mike Scott with the Clippers. Nor has DM been able to acquire a decent wing player so far. He is running around for players, looking for the vet minimum and they probably will be snapped up too. Getting Melo with the MLE won't improve the team, since he wants be a starter, without putting in the work on both ends of the floor.
    MCW is a weak passer and can hardly make any shots. His defense is likely to be relatively ineffective too, since he is looking to getting points for himself, at the expense of his teammates.
    Daryl's knowledge of basketball is limited. He has never played the game. He thinks he is smarter than everyone else.

Addendum: Don't forget our main problem before losing Ariza and Luc was playing Tucker to the point of exhaustion because of Ryan Anderson. Also Clint's failure against GS in most games contributed to this.
    Morey hasn't tried to address this critical problem, and now he finds himself without wings as well.

#160 saleem, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018