1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2014.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Omg great interview...Totally interesting pieces of info... Will be interesting to see if we ever get to a point where we actually give Dmo 8-10 postups a game.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He needs to learn from Carl Herrera and DD: You have to change a few words, when you spam the same message into multiple threads in one day.

:cool:

1 person likes this.
  3. Dankush

Dankush Member

"Somebody you just add and try and figure it out"

In reference to Josh Smith....

lol... really

4. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

its all politics bro... nothing to do with mchales competency....managment is juggling several balls in the air...

Perhaps they need to slowly promote dmo to first option not to offend Dwight becasue he might opt out of this contract next year...if they go with DMO as the first option in the post Dwight is outahere next year... now i suppose nobody wants that and they are trying to make a compromise...

There are litterally thousands of possibilities outthere of what may be happening...here another cuople dynamics to consider as options/explanations

1 dmo personality, perhaps still not used to alpha role or huge minutes and a big role
    2 management is haggling with DMO over contract extension, look at for example how leonard from spurs had a breakout year and now is asking for max... dmo would do the same if they allow him to have a breakout year...

3 mchale might have his hands all tight up and is justa pawn of management...

these are not consipiracy theories these are realities of a daily life not only in nba

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Pistons thought the same thing. :grin:

Smith-Monroe-Drummond, we'll just figure this **** out.

They figured that **** out alright. Paid him $25 million to go away.

[​IMG]

#45 J.R., Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

its perhaps the third time not the sixth time , but tell me what should i do if people ask the same question again and again?

perhaps refrase it a bit? as suggested by heypartner?:grin:

or maybe send a link?

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What I got from this is that before the season, Morey thought H&H wasn't enough to take us to the promise land, thus the chasing of the third star. Now Harden has surprised him and he feels that we are good to go all in.

I think it is very likely that one of our PFs (Jones, DMo, Smith) will be dealt together with other assets (NO pick? Brewer? Papa? Bev?) for a high end role player. As of now, if we keep DMo, we don't really need a backup center. So the obvious weakest position is PG. Hmm...

8. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Hahahahaha good one

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Translation: Dwight needs to concentrate on playing defense and get all the rebounds. That's where his real worth is.

The day Dwight realizes that his biggest impact on the floor comes on those ends, Rockets will take the next step.

All these years and he still does not get that his post up moves is the not best option on offense.

Park your ego man.

Just park it somewhere.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Not true, dumar signed smith which dumar has been clearly clueless the past couple of years with his signing.

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

it has nothing to do with pg quality do you really think bev doesnt know dmos efficient?

its all comands from above or power struggles between players or clans of players and/or management...

or rockests/coaches/management have priorities we dont know nothing about, perhaps these:

1. tanking to avoid spurs or OKC in the 1st round
    2. getting other players going before playoffs
    3. integrating newcomers
    3. hidding dmo as a secret weapon for playoffs

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

It does appear that Beverly ignores dmo when his open though.

13. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

oh. JFC. People really think this?

14. today

today Contributing Member

I'm confused... I can't find the Morey interview anywhere in the 42 minute "Episode 8" podcast. At what mark does the interview begin?

Edit: 48 min mark... Weird, the podcast says it's 42 minutes, but it goes beyond that.

#54 today, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  15. hooroo

hooroo Member

And the Nets paid Deke $30 million for Deke to go away which the Rockets benefited from.

2 people like this.
  16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I've noticed this observation a few times from various posters. I wonder if this coupled with his comments about the team needing to stop worrying about who gets touches and minutes is indirectly related to dmo. Perhaps it is a stated directive from the coaches to look for DMo in the post but for Bev it feels like its forcing the offense for him and takes him out of rhythm.

I haven't been able to watch these last two games as I'm out on vacation. Has Bev been on the floor much with dmo these last two games?

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Only amazingskills ...

Anyway, I think DMo looks really exposed when the opposing team has a big front court. I surely hope DMo isn't our goto option (2nd or whatever) unless we're talking about him running the 2nd string, because in the playoffs it's going to be the usual Rocket first round and done before summer.

Don't get me wrong, DMo deserves the minutes he's earned but if you think he's going to save the day, then I'm not so sure. I almost agree this could be setting up a trade, but then these boards would lose all the DOF's haha ;)

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Hell he sometimes he ignores Dwight, and when he passes to Dwight ( who had Corey Joseph guarding him during the Spurs game, passed it to Joseph) the smallest guy on the court, maybe it has to do with his passing ability since he's not good with entry passing.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Do you really think our management would prefer we:

1. play spurs or OKC in the 1st round
    2. not get other players going before playoffs
    3. not integrate newcomers
    3. not having a secret weapon for playoffs

?

20. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Did you watched 2nd game against Grizzlies when we blew out them and DMO was starter?