1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey Interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 30, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If the GM and McHale see it, but it's not being done on the court, then something is still wrong. When something is that clear, as a coach, either it gets done or you put someone else in there who's going to help you get it done. Simply knowing isn't enough.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Exactly. It's not us "Donatas fanboys" who are mindlessly harping. D-Mo is the second best option on the team. Sadly Beverley never passes him the ball and would rather dribble the air out of it a la Steve Francis.

Morey obviously realizes this im sure. PG position needs an upgrade.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

It definitely will be beneficial to the team moving forward to limit Dwight's postups and feature Dmo down there. I hope Dwight's ego doesn't cause him to mope and not give his all because of it. His effort has been pathetic lately. Like I've said in other threads, because of his superior athleticism to most big men, he could still be utilized in PnRs, put backs, alley oops, etc. and still average 20-10. Dwight acts like this things are beneath him. Its frustrating.

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

This is where McHale needs to earn his contract. Does he have the ability to massage egos so Dwight and Josh can get with the program?

I happen to think even with McHale extended, the Rockets can cut him any time if the team fails to perform up to expectations and we have a suitable head coach candidate.

5. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Well, Morey just told you one half of the basketball game. Defending big like Howard is hard to find. Howard probably will get his $20M any team he is landing.

6. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Glad to hear his thoughts on Dmo. Hope he sees him as a key part of this team for some time.

7. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

The sad part is lately he hasn't been defending well consistently either. Can't stress it enough, don't like his body language and effort out there. He's not bringing it enough and its hurting the team.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thanks Morey for proving my point. Harden everything ehh? Harden the pg causing a stagnant offense. That's our offense philosophy in a nutshell. Every person on here is just too dumb to realize it. This team isnt going anywhere with this bs.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Howard and Dmo briefly seemed to have some good two man game going together. I'd like to see more of that. And yes, Dmo should have offensive priority over Howard.

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Sam Presti?

1 person likes this.
  11. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

So what if Morey and McHale see it in DoMo?

These wings do not know how to pass the ball to them. Can Morey and McHale go out there and pass the big men the ball in the low post? :eek:

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What I took from that was what I already knew - McHale is a bad coach.

The GM sees our second best option is D-Mo in the post?

WHY DOESN'T IT HAPPEN!?

I hate McHale as a coach. I truly do.

13. finsraider

finsraider Member

Its been obvious for awhile that DMo is our 2nd best option on offense and we have purposely gone away from him. I have no idea why Beverley and Ariza seem to avoid DMo like the plague, but it has probably cost us one of the last 2 games, as did starting Smith over DMo.

McHale and Morey are the professionals, so I'll rely on their judgement. There's got to be a reason why we are doing things a certain way right now.

14. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

damn that comment about D-Mo...

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm getting the feeling Morey is trying to pump up DMo as a center piece in a trade package... I really was hoping they'd keep him.

16. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

Here are some of the possible reasons why

1. Rockets are either hiding DMO (from trade suitors in upcoming trade) or

2. Rockets are preventing his development and media exposure in order to extend him for much less than he is worth...if he establish himself as elite post player hes due for max dollars

3. Either that or they are afraid of Dwight leaving after next year if DMO is allowed to shine and to become the main post player of the rockets...

4 . DMO didnt learned to be assertive yet and become one of the alphas of the group...or perhaps he is cunning about it and is advancing in a slow, clever and unobtrusive manner perhaps waiting for another injuries ridden period

17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think Morey usually plays it pretty straight. Not to say he wouldn't trade DMo, but I doubt this podcast is part of some black ops operation.

1 person likes this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The "We're all in" together with the surprising DMo comment and optimism about Terrence does make you wonder that he's setting up for a trade with one of the PFs and a pick. Also, he might have given McHale orders not to use DMo at Center (hence the odd Dorsey minutes), so that DMo can stay at the position that he's progressing at.

1 person likes this.
  19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

amazingskills, you're just spamming at this point. That's the sixth time you've cut and pasted that same post today.