1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey and Houston's Big Freed Three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by desi tmac91, Nov 5, 2012.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Cool. What I was responding to was the line in your original post which read....
    Had Lin stayed in NY, nobody would have been questioning him, or claiming he didn't belong, or 'wasn't good enough'. All of that came about as a result of him signing a large deal and leaving New York.

I read that as you thinking that the criticisms and doubting of Lin came about only after he signed the big contract with Houston (which is, of course, not the case). If I misread that, sorry about that.

In any event, I do agree with you that there certainly would not have been lowered expectations for him had he stayed in NY.

Peace out.

1 person likes this.
  2. kinein

kinein Member

I had lowered expectations. Melo and Amare weren't meshing well with Lin ~ Woodson was cutting Lin's minutes by leaps and bounds. Lin was turning into the DEFERBot.

[​IMG]

Random robot picture!

3. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Lin is turning into a DEFERBot here on the Rox.... how many drives to the basket are we seeing him making a game?

that was his bread and butter last year...as he did it play after play, over and over

frankly I am fine with the role he has here, as a facilitator

but the problem is with the Lin detractors if he dosent put up the shots and numbers...

he will always be compared poorly to the opposing point guard...

already I noticed Lin still gets bashed in a Rox game win thread...

frankly if he turns into a DEFERBot, then for me there is nothing left to see...

thats his ceiling...

ill say congrats on making the NBA, you are a inspiration to those who will say to others you cant do it...

and looking forward to what real job you get once your basketball career ends...

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

They were/are all stars and yes I hope Lin can become an all soon.

5. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I strongly believe Aruba's intention is hoping for Lin to improve his shooting in order to become a better player which may leads to him to be voted to the all star game. And I do believe that Lin will improve being that his shooting is not up to his potential as of now. We all know that.

As long as the Rockets play hard and play to win, Im not good. Time will tell. Why not sit back, relax and enjoy the game tonight.

Go Rockets.

6. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Im ALL good. fixed

7. jocar

jocar Member

Strauss response to a comment.."I'm fascinated by this uneasy turn of events for this seemingly blessed team." Lin and Harden both very religious. If Lamb would not have been traded, there would be no doubt this team was of God's will! (only 1/2 joking here)