1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dariq Whitehead

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Apr 4, 2023.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

What does the board think of Whitehead? I think he would be available at the Clippers pick and would be a swing for the fences type if his medicals check out. Good shooter with potential to be a good defender if his athleticism returns after an injury plagued year at Duke. Could see a nice front court of him playing the 3, Eason getting minutes at the 3/4, Smith at the 4/5 and Sengun at the 5. IDK, he just seems like a guy with potential to be a high level role player down the line who would fit into the structure of the team that is already there. Thoughts?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If healthy for his freshman season at Duke, Dariq Whitehead would have been a lock for top 10 if not top 5. Whitehead was in and out of the lineup. Scheyer struggled in his rookie year as coach. Scheyer failed to showcase his top freshman recruiting class, leaving everyone to wonder what was up with Mark Mitchell, Dereck Lively II, and Dariq Whitehead.

Whitehead had his wow moments, where you easily project him as a FRP, if not lottery. The few draft boards that I have seen have Whitehead have him as a FRP, but not lottery. Comparing Whitehead to those ahead of him in the mock, he has more upside potential. I suspect that by the NBA draft, Whitehead will move up in most mocks to fringe lottery.

saleem likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Scary and sad.

saleem and i3artow i3aller like this.
  5. OremLK

OremLK Member

This probably pushes him out of the first round. He could still come back and be great, but foot injuries are scary. Some team will take a flyer on him in round 2 though, so we'll see. Best of luck to him

saleem likes this.
  6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Being a round 2 pick means Whitehead gets paid less in the short term but becomes FA sooner, with a potential for his first serious money contact.

OremLK likes this.
  7. sydmill

sydmill Member

Truly bad news. While I'm not totally out in Whitehead, I'm more of a Cissoko lean if the Rockets are targeting a wing in the mid to late first.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I like Cissoko. I'm also interested in Rayan Rupert and James Nnaji. I especially like those guys if the Rockets are interested in a draft and stash guy at this point. It's hard to keep adding multiple rookies when you're trying to win.