1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House vs James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Jan 8, 2020.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

funny u say that bc i knew someone would respond like that.
    if u’ve seen any clippers games this season, you would know that kawhi gets pissed off at montrezl and lou williams at least once a game for their defense. sometimes he yells, sometimes he just becomes passive aggressive. but the tension is all there. makes u wonder why trez told reporters that the team just isn’t good this year and that something is off with the team chemistry and the locker room this season...don’t it?

D-rock likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Does Kawhi tell at Harrell right after being responsible for a back door cut or open shot because he was caught flat footed and decides to dump his errors onto a teammate?

3. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I agree with you, I just don't think the comparison to PG and Kawhi, 2 really good defenders, is helpful to the argument.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Speaking of refs who couldn't see...

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

fact is harden has been putting as much or more focus and effort than those 2 on defense and double on the offensive end. number's don't lie but LOFs and hater's make up stuff

#85 vlaurelio, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    Blurr#7, D-rock, King1 and 3 others like this.
  6. vlaurelio

is that what harden said? link or quotes LOF

Reeko, Blurr#7, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

TL;DR

House: I'm happy. I'm smiling.
    Harden: Stop it lol.

The End.

Deuce, apollo33 and Nook like this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) Doubtful because Kawhi isn't a leader
    2) With that said, I have no idea. Do you know whether he ever corrects a teammate when he makes a mistake?
    3) You are right that Harden does this a lot.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

this pretty much explain why houston has more wins despite clips being more talented

Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

the whole house harden thing yesterday wasn’t even because of defense... it happened after an offensive possession with house turning the ball over and harden just giving him some pointers and patting his butt for encouragement. why are we flaming harden for yesterday’s flareup when house was the one who couldn’t keep his cool?

IvanLCPM, Blurr#7, D-rock and 6 others like this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Because posters like fchowd0311 have an agenda to hate on Harden as much as possible instead of enjoying historic greatness as much as possible before it disappears.

clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

By the way you can kinda read what Harden says. He says just shoot the ball, don't dribble around or something like that.

It seemed like House was either pissed at himself or at a coach who said something.

I can't believe how some posters can just hijack a thread like this

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Harden should never ever get on anyone for a defensive lapse. We play a trick defense to keep him from having to defend anyone on the perimeter and when he does, they blow right by him. It looks at if Harden was coaching him up and maybe an assistant coach said something that fired him up...

14. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Where are all the bring back D-mo comments at?

BigShasta likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was an offensive possession that Harden was coaching House on.

Here we have a legitimate moment of Harden coaching a teammate (House was truing to do the WB role of pushing it and dribbled into nothing), and here you are turning it into something completely false, to deny Harden is a good leader for House.

clutchdabear, Reeko, jordnnnn and 7 others like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

When Feigan tries to poke at it...

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It had nothing to do with a defensive lapse. Harden was coaching House on an offensive possession.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I tend to agree with this . I remembered that comment as well from Ariza. Superstars can be annoying because they are good at barking at someone else but they dont have the same energy when they are the problem. But that happens no big deal. The only thing I will say is James has a habit of making a mistake and barking at someone else like the reason he got burnt on a late rotation was somehow another persons mistake.

19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really don't like how you (and other people in this thread) are suggesting that only one person is at fault, and only one person deserves blame. Everyone in the NBA gets blown by, whether it's on ball or off ball. Defenses are structured in such a way that you should not give up a free 2 points every time this happens. If a defender is guarding someone on the perimeter and gets blown by, that should not be a free two points, people are supposed to rotate. If nobody rotates and the ball handler gets an easy dunk/layup, you don't just get to blame player A because he should have stayed in front of the ball handler. The same thing goes for a backdoor cut. You shouldn't put the blame on one person in that situation. Defenses are complex, and people are supposed to react to certain situations.

It's obviously a mistake to get caught ball watching and let your man cut to the basket, nobody is denying that, and I would guess James isn't either. But it's important to react and rotate. It's not "dumping his errors". Playing good defense is all about covering and reacting to your teammates mistakes. As a rockets fan you should know this, otherwise Harden would score 80 points every night.

20. omgTHEpotential

Well, DMos team gonna miss the Chinese playoffs, so he should be available in a month or so :D

Dacamel likes this.