1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House vs James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Yordan, Jan 8, 2020.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

How do you know the confrontation was about defense..??

vlaurelio likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Danuel House is playing like Danuel House’s burner account.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What the hell it's pay walled. Can someone tldr

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

He doesnt, but poses his speculation as fact.

Reeko and ryano2009 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not referring to tonight's specific incident. Read my post carefully. I'm referring to incidents I've seen before where Harden would allow a back door cut because he wasn't moving his feet and was ball watching and immediately starts waving his arms around and yelling at Capella or some other teammate. If you watch Rocket games consistently, I know you've personally witnessed this.

cerophilik likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Again, you are guessing and posing as fact. Bad chow.

Reeko and ryano2009 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

What I'm I guessing? I've literally witnessed those sequence of events with my own eyes multiple times watching almost ever rocket game for the past half decade and I'm pretty sure other Rocket fans have noticed it also.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You do not know that the Harden-House disagreement was about defense. You are assuming it is and you are bringing up vague examples to support your hot take as truth.

Just be honest chow.

9. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Just gotta turn off your ad blocker to access it for free. Don't wanna copy and paste because Feigen is generally a good guy - but essentially both House and Harden brushed off the incident and played dumb as to there being an issue.

D-rock likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

I'm referring to prior history of Harden feeling at teammates moment. I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

Harden sometimes has a history of yelling at teammates right after a bad defensive possession that was primarly his fault.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

So do other stars on other teams, but your narrative is to make this Harden's original sin.

You are an admitted Harden hater, we get it. Own it but stop trying to proselytize the rest of us.

12. fchowd0311

I really doubt most star players yell at teammates on defense when they were the ones who allowed a back door cut because their feet were stuck in place. Star players do yell at teammates. Kobe did it plenty but not in that context. It's bad leadership.

Harden has a certain sense of entitlement that can be seen often such as almost always arguing with the ref on 95% of his misses especially in the paint to the point where he always is a solid 5 seconds behind his teammates on defense where they have to play 4 on 5 D. It's part of why our transition d is so horrendous. That **** can piss off teammates and is part of the reason CP3 probably had issues with Harden.

Little Bit likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

With all Harden's flaws it's a wonder his team has had the most wins in the last 4 seasons, 2nd only to perennial champs GSW.

I really doubt you you are a Rockets fan at all, nothing about this team gives you joy. You have no favorite player or coach you champion, it's the exact opposite actually where your posts are aimed at denigrating our best player, our COY and EOY ad nauseum in the guise of "genuine"takes.

Your act is transparent, your body of work is well known chow.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I take it you never played competitively or watch other NBA teams regularly. This ain’t new, and to your point about CP3 lol he was the worst in L.A. he would berate DJ constantly and got into it with Griffin as well. Pretty much all superstars do it.

15. fchowd0311

So now move goal posts to meta conversations when you don't have a argument for my previous post?

Ad nauseum your inability to have a counter argument to a post you disagree with is followed with you attacking the poster as a fake fan.

Harden has been immensely successful in the regular season. But by Harden's 8th year here, these amazing regular seasons seem hollow when we know what is going to happen in the playoffs.

Yes, GS has been in our way but there have been playoffs where they weren't and we faced a Kawhiless Spurs and he still shows up in perfectly disastrous ways that are hard to defend to neutral non-Rocket fans.

He has severe flaws to his game that are highlighted in the playoffs.

16. fchowd0311

I doubt CP3 ever berated a teammate after allowing a backdoor cut because he was caught flat footed. CP3 berated teammates but those teammates will never complain about CP3's effort on defense because he was always a great defender who tried and moved his feet on defense rather than just standing in one spot.

Apparently you didn't read my post. I explicitly stated that other superstars yell at teammates. But they don't do it in the context Harden does plenty of times where he is obviously at fault.

Naismith likes this.
  17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lol ok keep them blinders on. I sat 5 rows up from the clippers bench for damn near a season and CP was a straight up douche. There’s articles about the dude. But let take another example, Lebron is notorious for doing exactly what you stated. My point is it’s not uncommon and it’s always blown out of proportion here.

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then for the love of Mike, please find another team to spurt your love on. And I pray to heaven that you are not "defending" the Houston Rockets with anyone especially neutral non-Rockets fans (wtf kind of phrasing is that?).

As for the tangential topic of Harden yelling at teammates for his defensive mistakes, who introduced this line of BS to this thread. IT WAS YOU CHOW. If you do not understand that this is commonplace at the highest levels of basketball (NBA) to the lowest levels (playgrounds everywhere) then your competence to continue this dialog has been noted.

You are fired chow.

Take your stuff and clear out.

Reeko and Blurr#7 like this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so this is fact?

D-rock likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Yes I introduced it because I believe it's relevant to the thread. Harden has a habit of yelling at teammates after he committed a defensive lapse. That probably can rub teammates off the wrong way in the long run.