1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House starting opening night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Oct 22, 2019.

?

Who should be starting?

Poll closed Jan 30, 2020.
  1. EG

25 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. House

138 vote(s)
    84.7%
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You mean he's the X-factor?

I.D.I.O.T. ;)

Chamillionaire and heypartner like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

EG wayyyyy better than House.

But EG needs to anchor the second unit....he is going to have westbrook or Harden on the floor with him at all times anyways.

Also, D house better come on with it..especially with the 3 ball and defense.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Not going to happen. Either Toronto trades him before he becomes a free agent, or they hold on to him for their playoff run. The Raptors are going to finish as a middle-of-the-pack playoff team in the Eastern Conference if they don’t sell off guys like Gasol or Ibaka.

5. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Great article.

I expect big things from House this year.

I want to add that John Lucas is a real gem too and that he damn well deserves to be on a Rockets' mural...

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if you watched danuel house play last year, this was a no brainer.. and still credit for MDA for realizing

but last night with house shooting 4/5 3s and 8 rebounds, MDA should have played him more and harden should have passed to him more..

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Enjoy the win, be just as grateful when House goes cold and Harden has to perform at historic levels to get the win.

SMH at how often fans forget.

fattz likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

Ego never gets cold?

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Not when he's having fun.

FrontRunner and vlaurelio like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I've been most impressed with House's passing game this year. Clearly his confidence is up - he is able to make the pass to the baseline cutter or find the corner 3. So far he hasn't overplayed it

roslolian likes this.
  11. Sanity2disChaos

House has done well so far so far and I hope He continues to improve. Oh and Harden expects to always be the heroic!! He wouldn’t have it any other way. Hell! We expect him to perform at historic levels every night!! Nice if he can become consistent. Added bonus and much needed punch and I like Gordon but he is a chucker at times and misses the most open looks ever!!

roslolian likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

13. vlaurelio

yeah his our 2nd best defender also 3rd option he can hit the 3 and drive and pass MDA just should play him as many minutes as tucker

jcmoon likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

D. House is playing like the best bargain in the league, starter level play from a dude making just 3M a year. Def one of the team's bright spots alongside PJ Tucker's offensive resurgence and of course Brodie.

Apart from Tucker I guess he is the only dude trying on Defense as well, tbh with how PJ, WB and House have been playing so far we might have been unbeaten if only EG and Harden hasnt been on the worst slumps of their careers.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I agree, looks like he got a steal! I didn't think he was gonna cut it, but it looks like he put a lot of work in and is better than last year both on defense and offense....his shot has a really quick release and he is playing good man defense and help defense.....I didnt' think he was quick enough to guard 1s or 2s, but he can at least stay with them laterally.....

if he continues to play like this, I say play him 40 minutes a night along with tucker....he's got them young legs so we might as well use them...

now if we can only find another danuel house this year....we need two more actually.

hakeem94 and roslolian like this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He’s making himself a bigger asset for Morey to package for a third star.

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

At only 3M a year he is pretty much untradable unless the Rockets get a superstar in return. He'll be here for the next 2 years at least.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

You underestimate Morey

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. JW86

JW86 Member

That block was very impressive, he should be a starter, period!