1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House Jr. 39 points/ 10 3PM and Game Winner vs OKC Blue

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He's a necessity for the team right now, but House LEGIT has potential be a big-time player down the line for Houston. They really need to not f*ck this up.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Consider Morey's analytics surely don't treat all threes equally, so I don't see why we would just look at one number when evaluating House.

I've come away from his G-League videos seeing someone shooting much higher-level of difficulty threes, than what he actually does for us. So, I'd expect a drop in % shooting those. But he doesn't shoot step-backs or pull-up threes for us....he just spots up.

What it looks like to me is he's using G-League as practice to shoot a wider-variety of 3s, but he'll revert back to shooting just the easy ones for us -- Below the Break spot-ups/catch-n-shoot.​

Seems a classic case of differences in 3P% being because not all 3s are created equal. Wide-open NBA Corner 3s is all we need, and his comfort at shooting the difficult step-backs and top-of-key pull-ups in G-League only increases my faith wrt whether his NBA stint this year was a fluke or not.

And his defense and tenacity won't go away.

yeah, and Thornton made $35m in the NBA as a legit shooter, shooting 36% from 3 over 8 years, scoring 18.7ppg one year...but he was a ballhog who didn't play defense. What's your point? Is it that Nobody's can score in G-League, because Thornton is not really an NBA Nobody, when it comes to scoring.

nor is Thornton a good example to convince House that he can't get paid in the NBA...lulz...$35m.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I haven’t seen so much clutchfans bandwidth wasted on a fringish player since Lin.

Mr. Space City and Remlap like this.
  4. Remlap

Remlap Member

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carmelo Anthony
    D-Mo

rockets13champs likes this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Touché

Common theme around here

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You mean DMo?

The added bandwidth doesn't mean we necessarily consider him more than a fringe, development player with a role. I, for instance, am fascinated in arguing the merits of Morey saying he doesn't want to set a precedent to convert a 2-way player to a minimum wage, ROS contract. Normally, I'd agree, but when you have the best player in the league in his prime window, I'd throw precedence out the window.

See how that discussion is added bandwidth that has nothing to do with me thinking he's more than he is....which is better than Green, Ennis, MCW, Knight...and maybe even better than fringe-player Shumpert.

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Dude is worse than Joe Cheese. He will never stick with the Rockets. He might okay well in the g-league but he’s too soft to play NBA center

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Come on man. For Lin this is not even an appetiser. If he had a bad nights sleep we had more threads and posts than all the House material combined.

The worst of days.

10. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

And there are people like you and Napalm who b**** and moan about it left and right which doesn't help a damn thing. This is a message board about the Rockets, people have free reign to discuss what they want. If you don't like it why not just ignore it? Why are you even clicking on the thread? Oh yeah, to b**** more. What a surprise!

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hasn’t the likely timeline of his return (or not) been layed out weeks ago?

What’s left to do but wait.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Shades of tmac and Kevin durant..those are the same sets that Klay Thompson runs. Those are nba sets he's running....the off ball screen and spot up three's.

Damm. A Paul George euro step game winner!?

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lmao at the rookie homers making it seem like he was gambling not taking their offer. Dude will get more money then the rockets offered. Period. Get ur money son

14. Mr. Space City

Nobody talking about this game outside of clutchfans