1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel house IS Overrated here.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 14, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

While I don’t think anyone claimed him to be a star in the making, I would argue the amount of attention and b****ing about his absence was at a level you would expect for someone looking to make and deserve easily north of 10-15 mil per year. And when you seriously look at the totality of his production from college until now it was far from a lock that House would return and continue his best Klay Thompson impression. It’s actually one of the weirder things I have seen in a while.

Thrilled it’s happening, but count me still in the group that refuses to believe he is this good of a shooter.

Relativist, HP3 and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Considering the Rockets desperate situation (lack of depth/talent), losing House those 20 games increased his value because we had no replacement. Plus, it's a hometown story.

The good news is he seems a 2-way player, so he doesn't need being a sharp shooter to be effective. He also brings athleticism and can create his own shot, so he won't need being a sharp sharper to be effective.

We'll see how everything plays out. Hopefully he continues and Harden can influence his decision this offseason.

3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Me too. He's at around 50 percent from three, if you just look at January and these last three games. I think, solely based on watching his Hawks game performance, that a lot of this is due to him not being taken as seriously as deserved by the defense. A bunch of those threes came when he was totally open.

Now, unlike most everyone else on the team, it seems, House'll hit those open 3s. But will they continue to be open once other teams, good teams that still give a damn about the rest of the season, figure out they shouldn't leave House unguarded? I don't know.

At least he also brings a lot of other skills to the table, if it turns out he's not actually a true 50 percent 3Pt shooter.

HP3 likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

Don't get me wrong, he is athletic, and can do even more things. But he doesn't need to when he can score most of his points from the 3 pt line and be a triple threat from there.

Does he really rely on his athleticism? I'd say just a little more than Ariza, just a little more than Harden. He actually uses a bit more athleticism than he needs to. I absolutely feel like he can be just as productive with less. But even then, he looks like he's not using his athleticism to his full potential. A lot of those layups, I've seen in pick-up games at Life Time.

There's one layup here where he gets fouled hard, which can be athletic. Otherwise, pretty nice, tame layups.

I see one dunk here which looked athletic. But again, this is not his everyday play.

Another highlights vid, he's not very athletic here either aside from one layup.

Roxs-Redemption and HP3 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If they shadow House, that just means more room for Harden and CP3 to navigate.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Or House can get to the basket if they close out.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

:rolleyes:

8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Wrong and wrong. He mentions D House in the tunnel after the games, after wins he contributed in his first stint he calls out the importance of House without no reporters in site, only the cameras that follow players through the tunnel. You are just randomly assuming what I was referring to, and you obviously are still wrong about House not being a fit lol.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, he will when people start closing out on him and he needs to get to the bucket. Thats part of what makes him good, his slashing ability.

Yes?....Yes he does? Ariza cannot get to the whole like that now. The layups in those videos perfectly illustrate my point, you think it takes little athleticism to go to the hole like that and draw a foul/finish through contact???? Yes yes it very much does. You may see those layups at lifetime but its not agaisnt nba level competition.

All those layups show his athleticism, you dont just need to dunk the ball to show it though? He def does use, it there are definetly other examples that show him using his athleticism. Like the block in Phoenix. So yea, all in all he does use his athleticism. I think you are really really underselling him there.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

did i ever say he was not a fit? nope. but thanks for playing anyway

11. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

That is what my original post mentioned which you refuted lol, but ok dont hurt yourself attempting to backpedal w a eurostep.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I’d love to see where I said house is not a fit.

your logic being flawed, because a player says something good about another player just isn't the grade school level proof to provide answers for me personally. but if that works for you great. you're focused on being right and waiting 3 weeks later to respond to a post lmao congrats. no wonder there's an influx of dummies on this board

#572 YOLO, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

All of the House haters feelin like Wesley Johnson on February 28th, 2018.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Let us know who those are. Otherwise your fake narratives don’t mean anything

HP3 likes this.
  15. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I can't believe I compared this guy to Danny Green. He's just another hot/cold player like Gerald, except when he really stinks he might be even worse than Gerald.

16. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Funny that you tagged my one word "amen" comment. I still agree that is not the team savior nor a future all-star. I never said he did fit well on our team.

17. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

All the Danuel House fanboys where are y’all at now

bacliff likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good regular season player like Harden. Disappears in the playoffs. ;)

But really, I love it! :D

Mike D'Antoni getting the business.
    Clint Capela getting the business.
    Chris Paul getting the business.
    Danuel House getting the business.
    And they all deserve it!

TheRealAllpro and GotGame15 like this.
  19. Mr. Space City

20. jowman

jowman Member

He’s been trash. Shumpert just as bad. Both are pretty much unplayable this series