1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thx for that link. Here's another relevant contract:

Knicks rookie Allonzo Trier is the latest success story, signing a two-way with New York after going un-drafted in 2018. After a tremendous start to the season, the Knicks commuted Trier to a two-year deal worth $7 million – money roughly equivalent to the earnings of the 12th and 13th overall picks this year.
    • Add that to 2-way Tryone Wallace who -- while he didn't get a better contract in RFA in 2018, over the team-friendly min he rejected -- he still got an min offer sheet, so lost nothing in trying.
    • And let's not forget Jonathon Simmons. Although he was prior to 2-way contracts, Simmons got $6.3m/yr as an RFA, based pretty much upon impactful playoff exposure in 2016-17 on the Spurs. Simmons got fed the same line that his success is soley due to Pops (like here the line is MDA/JH), so don't expect other teams to think it will continue. Yet, he got paid.
    • Can anyone find a 2-way who rejected a deal, yet didn't get signed in the summer, and never made it back to the NBA?
    In a player Lockout analogy, the team might have weak ability to strike fear in a successful player.

#441 heypartner, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Mathloom and cbs1507 like this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

At that point morey will only offer the UNguarenteed 3 yr deal.

Lulz...

3. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

He went 4-24 from Nov 26th to Dec 6th when he signed that deal. He went cold and they let House get some run.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Clark signed his guaranteed deal on Dec 6th and the string of dnp's came right after

5. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

That is literally what i just said. He wasn't shooting too good leading up to the day he signed that deal. They signed him to the 3 year deal because they liked his game/potential as a nice role player. He wasn't shooting lights out right before and the day he signed that deal. Thats why pringles sat him for a little while.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Agreed. In the end it's easy for the fans to b**** about the Rockets not offering more, but there are other things to consider. What if a guy like Ariza or DeAndre (unlikely, but you never know) becomes available after the deadline and we have no money to offer that player a good enough deal to have a chance to resign him next season without bird rights? I think this is one of the things the Rockets are probably considering, and i can't really blame them.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. heypartner

Don't know where he got that info, but it conflicts with several other sources. Morey doesn't want a 1yr deal....that's last resort.

Agent says their counter-offer to ask to be converted to a standard contract for rest of year was denied.

Allowing House to be RFA this summer surely is Morey's last resort, given the need to sign Rivers and/or others with the smallish T-MLE.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sauce i guess.

9. heypartner

He can't be a UFA this summer. But the RFA status is rather weak, since we need to sign Rivers and/or others with the T-MLE, too.

Regardless, worse case is he gets another minimum deal to his liking like Tyrone Wallace, with a chance someone gives him 2yrs at $7m like Alonzo Trier got. And keep in mind, those 2 players got paid without playoff exposure. The Rockets will make him playoff eligible, and not just stash him...thus, he has much better ability to get paid off that prime-time exposure -- like impactful journeyman Jonathan Simmons did.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

and like i said previously that's not on clark. you seem to be putting it on him. he can't go mia if he's not even in the game. he's an undrafted rookie. expecting him to shoot well that soon isn't even realistic

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

House Jr, time to fire your agent

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As long as he restricted. . . . . I think the Rockets are ok
    I think his top is about what Simmons got . .. and I think the Rockets would match that
    If he gets near 10 mil a year .. . the Rockets will let him go

After this year . . .. . .The Rockets are on a 3 yr window
    Of those that are here today . . .. i think Clark HArtenstein Harden, Capela and maybe HOUSE will be around after CP3's contract is over

Clark = 3/9
    House = 3/18
    Hartenstein = 3/6 maybe
    Capela = 5/90
    HArden = whatever he want

Let's say Nunally works out . .what is that another 3/18 ?

I don't think Knight and EGo are here next year. . .that is 30 million right there
    Will be an interesting off season

Rocket River

13. macan

macan Member

House is not pure, he won't take the min. salary like Green did for a hometown discount

14. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

Yeah I feel you, you can’t go mia if not getting minutes. He just wasn’t shooting well and got benched for a little while.

The point I was trying to make when I said that was that’s how easy it can go from hot new and shiny bench guy to glued to the bench guy. House had a locked in spot the rotation and there is not guarantee that spot will be there for him when everybody is back. Especially if Clark gets hot again or Nunnally impresses and plays well.

15. heypartner

disclaimer: for those wondering, Albert Nahmad is a leading Cap Expert on twitter, who @BimaThug often cites, retweets and chats with.​

A "recall" after G-League seasons ends does not make the player Playoff Eligible. Needs to be converted.
    As non-converted 2-way, House would still be RFA this summer, but a smaller Qualifying Offer vs a converted 2-way that gives him Playoff Eligiblity

Yes, correct. Signing House with this yr's MLE still allows us a new MLE this summer.
    If Morey offers that, the bet around here is House will take it. Otherwise, he's becoming an RFA this summer.

JVL713 likes this.
  16. heypartner

17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

are we even allowed to offer him more than the minimum?

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

every agent's goal is to maximize their players' salary. Going the RFA route this summer, they think they'll get a much fatter contract with other teams, if not from the rockets. Problem is they're basing his potential on only 20 something games.

19. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Playing a few seasons next to the beard gets you that Chandler Parsons type of money wtf is House thinking

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Yup, hes not a real OG Houstonian. Gerald needs to slap some sense into him before its too late.

macan and vlaurelio like this.