1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House declines Rockets contract offer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

fix'd

Spacemoth and shvedsucks like this.
  2. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

For real, I can see DMo story all over again honestly. We are all over him right now just because we have injuries, once healthy he probably won’t eben play since I think MDA will trust green and ennis more over house (not that I agree with it) for the limited minutes down the stretch. Let’s see who this 10 day contract guy they are about to sign will do.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Happens A LOT with Harden. DMO, Parsons, (now House) are just the biggest offenders. Harden is so good, he generates the gravity of Jupiter. Role players are getting wide, buck naked, open jumpers! Add to that, MDA's offense doesn't require that much from the role players, These guys start to get big heads.

When you are in a system of the GSW, you are required to do a sh-t ton just to get your shot off. Very few can thrive. After being alongside Harden for so long, Ariza forgot how hard it was to generate offense (he said as much in an interview)

When will they learn!? Get fat! Ride The Beard! Profit!

4. MC31B

MC31B Member

Let house college a couple of those g league paychecks again and then let's see what he says. If nothing else after nothing shakes loose from the buyout market, House may be offered a better deal. Morey always waits until the last minute to get a better deal if your name isn't Paul or Harden. And that's how it should be. It's not like MDA is going to cut Harden's minutes because House is locked up for longer.

5. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

If he get injured now....his life is pretty much over. Take the money and run kid. Holy, dont be greedy.

fattz and clutchdabear like this.
  6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think we offered him a fair deal tbh. I'd be okay with a two year deal too, but he might decline that as well.

Williamson and clutchdabear like this.
  7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So... in essence. Harden literally just lost all four of his other starters. Wow.

EG is a starting caliber player.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Sounds like they were trying to squeeze morey given the rockets injury predicament.

Morey ain’t gonna make a short term move cuz someone has leverage

9. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

He better average 35 points a game with vipers if he wants to get more from someone else

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

But Giannis is somehow the mvp

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm upset he's a rotation player causing uncertainty with the season and even the cap situation. 1st rnd pick money is no joke, and with the league as it is, it'll be the best offer in most circumstances.

Him getting paid isn't in my worries.

His attitude is.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Sure, moving him opened a roster spot and it was speculated (i.e., "may," "presumably") that they might use the spot to sign House. I just think it's unfair to characterize the deal as "MCW moved to clear a spot for House" as support for the argument that Morey screwed up again, when the reality is that they were never going to guarantee MCW's salary. He was always going to be let go on that day, whether House was waiting in the wings or not. Morey has made some missteps relative to this season, but I don't see the MCW move as one to include on the list.

vupac1, don grahamleone and kjayp like this.
  13. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Exactly and I love that. Suckers trying to take advantage of our injury situation, that’s low

coyotetex likes this.
  14. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I'm annoyed they weren't willing to work it out. Not sure who to direct my frustration at, House was playing great, shooting well, he definitely deserved to get paid but Rockets gave him a chance, played him in significant minutes and he flourished alongside Harden. I wish him luck, I just wished he would have tried harder to negotiate.

joshuaao, PeterKingX and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Wallpaper is stuck. :confused:

[​IMG]

clutchdabear and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. farhen

farhen Member

f*ck him

shvedsucks likes this.
  17. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What is his attitude?

I don't understand why fans get so offended by a player betting on himself. If it works out for him, okay. If it doesn't, okay. This "he should just take whatever he's offered and be grateful" position is very easy to take from your couch.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For the most part it's because they are hurting the franchise, which is what the fans are fans of. No one really cares about the individual players beyond what they can do for the franchise.

amaru and fattz like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's nuts, he has less than 50 games of NBA experience and he's turning away more money than a drafted rookie gets guaranteed. Rockets have no reason to give into his demands

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What do you mean by "big contract offer"? Based on what he's done thus far, he is not getting a huge offer this summer. He'll maybe get someone to pony up 3 years/6-7 mil. Is that more than what the Rockets offered? Yes. But it's also best case scenario for him based on his performance up until this point. Google the list of the 2019 free agents. It's insane. Remember how many really good players took 1-year deals last summer? House could play great the rest of the season and still find himself settling for crumbs when all the big money goes to the big name players.