1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House Contract Options (I have grown to love LTS)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BreakYoSelfFool, Mar 6, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. not for his first nba contract for an undrafted player. hes done nothing to warrant more than an offer like that.

so what will it be for the tipjar?

Williamson and don grahamleone like this.
  2. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yep.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

how much

4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

A cool 25 bucks

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sounds good

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He might move the needle, because the needle just needs to be moved a hair.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You don't break the bank for an undrafted rookie who was decent in less than half his career games and only when playing in a system designed to inflate role player stats manned by the the best player currently in the league and tried to play hardball with you because you think there MIGHT be a slim chance that he moves the needle by a hair.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Can you give us evidence of a 25+ year old with 50ish games experience getting better than a min offer on the back of 7 good games of basketball?

Just curious?

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  9. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

You are probably too young to remember Kevin Cato

Williamson likes this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

No idea who Kevin Cato is, but maybe his brother Kelvin played for the Rockets?

Easy, D-rock, Huricane and 1 other person like this.
  11. bj3175

bj3175 Member

One thing we can be sure of House plays into spelling our key players heavy minutes more of a utility player. He will be needed in a deep playoff run

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I am old enough to remember how to spell it Junior...

Kelvin Cato...

D-rock likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What role player stats are being inflated for us right now?

I don’t see Green/Clark/Ennis/MCW/Melo/Gordon/Tucker aka ANYONE’s stats being inflated that started at SF for us.

Who was asking to “break the bank” for him?

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've yet to see Rivers or Green put together a better 25 game stretch than House did, nor do any of them have the minor upside House has.

The relationship damage is done, so we're better off just waiting the extra 15 days and bringing him back on the 2-way contract ($50k/season) when it becomes possible in late March and then converting him on the last day of the season (I believe somewhere between $7-9k) making him a restricted FA in the offseason.

We need to incorporate Shumpert more urgently because he's much more proven and we have a decision to make with him in the offseason. We have 3 main targets that we have to throw multiple looks at (given Capela is 100% at C and Harden will be on Green or Livingston almost exclusively):

Durant: Tucker and Shumpert must take on this task. Faried or Green would be a nightmare here.
    Klay: Paul will start on him and Shumpert can help. Again House is a good option to provide a breather while not being a 3PT or FT liability.
    Curry: Gordon needs to be doing the heavylifting here with Paul a backup defender and Shumpert has had a tiny bit of success doing this as well.

If you look at this with any logic, it's clear that the addition you need to make is neither Green or Rivers. You need one more guy to throw at the bigger guys in Durant and Klay. Whether that's as a tactical option, insurance, variety, whatever. House was not great defensively against the Warriors, but he is certainly more playable than Rivers/Green in this scenario where he's essentially providing breathers for Tucker/Shumpert.

Between Paul, Gordon, Shumpert we are not lacking in guys who can defend smaller players. Those 3 will eat up 90 of 96 minutes in the backcourt easy.

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This is how I see that article:

Dear Mr. House,

Don't be a martyr, no one cares to fix the problem with your odd situation. Just sign a deal and when it runs out, ask for lots more money. Just see what happens if you do. It might be worth it rather than fighting the good fight.

Love,

Writer of this article

D-rock likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How much was the last offer to Dmo?

Rocket River

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, that article seems to say that even offering the 50K 2 way contract will make House a RFA meaning we can match offers.

The only thing I can think of that would really benefit House is if we win a championship with him as a starter and closer and he makes big plays frequently. Then maybe some team out there would have an incentive to offer him a big deal. Like he's the hottest new toy on the block and everybody is competing over him. In other words: pretty unlikely, but if it happens good for our further increased chip chances.

I really just hope there's no animosity and everyone inside the Rockets organization just understands it's business.

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I liked House when he played as a Rocket , but he really does not dominate consistently w the Vipers like you would suspect a decent NBA player would.

19. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Bismack Biyombo was 23 years old and had one good playoff series in his entire career and turned that into a 4 year/$70M deal. If House pops even a little bit during the playoffs, I could absolutely see him getting $5M per for a couple years.

Here is a partial list of SFs making more than $5M this year:
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Wesley Johnson
    Jonathan Simmons
    Lance Thomas
    Davis Bertans
    Doug McDermott
    CJ Miles
    Jared Dudley
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Demarre Carroll
    Trevor Ariza
    Evan Turner

Danuel House has to at least believe that he would belong on a list with guys like that.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I think we have proved we can get along fine without Danuel House. He has a history of ditching his team and being selfish. Not somebody I want as a supporting cast member for James Harden's team. I know people are blaming his agent for House not taking the contract that was offered him but he put us in a hell of a bind. Just like he decided to leave his team at U of H when they needed him looking for a better opportunity. I put this impasse on him not on his agent. He blew a chance to be a Rocket for life for his own selfish concerns. He will never find as good an opportunity as he had here. I don't blame Rocket's management one bit for not chomping at the bit to bring him back.

D-rock and REEKO_HTOWN like this.