1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 12, 2019.

1. sparky

sparky Member

He is basically saying, "That aint nothing" or we are gettings points. I doubt he is referring to pointers just a variable called points.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so did House win the staring contest?

3. today

today Contributing Member

So are you hinting that James put some pressure on Morey to get House back on the roster?

Deuce and ak99999 like this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol Isiah is a scrub n a never play guy. He a 7 footer that plays 6 ft. Pass

fckbandwagons and bobloblaw like this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Nothing less than this will work
    [​IMG]

pippendagimp and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Final piece of the championship puzzle

7. cebu

cebu Member

we don't need him this year.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Assert function checks for a condition in parenthesis to make sure it holds otherwise it throws an error.

In this case it is making sure that the pointer does not point to a Null value.

My take => House is asserting/making sure that his shot attempt (pointer aka points awarded for shot) doesn't get nullified/blocked/rejected and results in nothing/NULL. In other words, strong move to make sure/assert that it results in at least 2 points or more.

I am not a coder but I did stay at Holiday Inn last night.

Deuce, Easy and BigShasta like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

At 6 foot 7 and 225 pounds I thought he could have done a much better job then a under 6 foot Paul and a woefully out of form Shumpert on Klay. He knows the scheme we run so there would have been no issue. Mike god love him is stubborn

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Chris Paul had 5 defensive rebounds. Green, Rivers, and Shumpert had 4 total rebounds combined. Don’t group him with those scrubs.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

What’s rebounding got to do being to short guard Klay? He was a bad matchup where as House was a better matchup .

LorneMalvo likes this.
  12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Paul was a defensive positive. House is definitely needed though.

13. s3ts

s3ts Member

There's easy rebuttal to your argument that I know you can easily think of if you'd just look at things objectively: He's already played a bunch of real NBA games this season.
    https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/houseda01/gamelog/2019

Small sample size? Yes. Enough to say he can hang? On a cheap, 1-yr deal, for a tanking team? Why the hell not?

If I'm Danuel House, if I can get ~10 mins of PT coming off the bench on any NBA team, make close to a mil/season, and have a chance to go against the Rockets, that's a win. That's better than what I had previously, being a G-league player. The bar isn't high, and I'm confident he'll get it or something close to it.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great for bench depth!

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Call me crazy, but I think there's also some back channel discussions going on about the possibility of bringing another of Brothers' clients to the Rockets this summer. Al Farouq Aminu would be a tremendous addition.

16. basketballholic

Yeah, ok. I think DMo would get chewed up in switches. But....I'd like to be able to confirm that with little to no risk.

17. vinc81

vinc81 Member

Anybody expecting more minutes for House soon?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he hasn't played a bunch. you obviously don't realize the importance of actual sample size. this has been discussed over and over and over. you're welcome to look back on the threads. talking about the same thing numerous times when it doesnt even matter at this point makes no difference. you say hes gonna get some better deal, others don't. everyone will find out in a few months

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hopefully, but yesterday's DNP seems a power move and petty.

It can be argued House's mishandling could cost James the MVP.

1) Worse Record because we lose extra games and 2) James, CP3, and Tucker's efficiency/health suffer because they're playing too many minutes.

Doesn't bode well for MVP or playoffs.

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, come on, Bima, you slacker! Holic is waiting!!

So Josh Smith, who has played 3 NBA games in the last 3 years, is your big answer to the "Capela problem"?

[​IMG]

Deuce likes this.