1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Danuel House back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Just another important reminder that Morey takes the entire season to construct his final roster. Freaking out at Free Agency / Trade Deadline is dumb.

Zergling, Smacktle and RyanB like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sooner than the 21st which was originally reported. Positive that it had to do with tonights game and testing the playoff roster against this 'statement game' from the Worriers. Im also very happy to hear House and his agent say all the right things about staying in Houston etc.. etc.. since it was a really bad look the way they would rather go down to the GLeague instead of taking the initial offer, but it all worked out in the end.

Zergling likes this.
  3. Voltik

Voltik Member

Thanks to James Harden. With the injuries, that plan doesn’t work in a contested conference for the regular season. Morey, Tillman, and the Rockets staff made mistakes however they were able to correct most of the mistakes but it’s not over yet as we still need to win the chip without a fair NBA.

Hakeemtheking and vlaurelio like this.
  4. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

House is going to be a special player. Has been owning the competition in the G League like an NBA all-star and rightfully so. He is just an all-around good player. Rockets need to do whatever they can to keep him long-term. Not going to take him long to break the rotation, he already knows all the schemes and has played well with Harden AND Paul. I'm really excited to see him playing with a full strength squad.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

you obviously haven't kept up with him over there

having games like 1/13 and 0/10 from 3 is hardly owning g-league comp. certainly no all star. And exactly why threads like this are created

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/danuel-house-is-overrated-here.296546/

#305 YOLO, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Smacktle, hakeem94 and napalm06 like this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

I'm not saying House is "winning" per se, but I'd say he's going to have the last laugh unless Morey finds a way to replace him for the upcoming season. Because it seems clear to me, teams will offer him more than what we're willing to give him. And we'd likely have to overpay for whoever will replace him next season anyway...

windpuppy likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

his last laugh is purely based on if he gets a bigger offer than 3 yrs/$4.2mil full guaranteed

no clue how that's clear to you at all, when he hasn't even played an nba game in 2 months where the rockets have been absolutely rolling without him. what exactly is this thing that needs to be replaced again

Smacktle likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The amount of laugh that either side gets will depend on how House plays now, and especially in the playoffs. So the story isn't written yet.

Smacktle, hongxingli and sirbaihu like this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Not sure if he will get to play. But I don't think that matters either.

Even if he doesn't, he's only not offered to by other teams because of his current contract. Again, once he is elligible to hit FA market, he will definitely be courted.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Well to be fair
    There was alot of passive aggressive comments hoping the Rockets fail without him

Rocket River

biff17 and DreamShook like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

you dont think in a job, that is purely based on actual play is how you get compensated matters? what a odd post

12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Is bigger the best term? I think he wanted a 1-year 2 mil deal or close to that? As in, he wanted to keep his options open, because he felt like he could get paid more as an RFA?

What exactly is this thing... Lets see who's all coming off the books next season.

Kenneth Faried
    Iman Shumpert
    Gerald Green
    Austin Rivers
    Gary Clark

I don't know who we're losing and who we're keeping. But there's going to be a fair bit of work to do figuring it out when whole bunch of teams in the league are throwing money at them.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

well lesser certainly isn't a better term. and equal isn't either.

btw clark isn't coming off the books

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

Yes, the more-or-less accurate view is that he wanted to keep his options open for next season. I'm guessing that his agent told him there's other teams out there and he should do that.

Sorry about Gary Clark, but we can both agree that we don't care much about losing him either way.

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

Keeping Faried and House are no brainers..let the others walk!!

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This is huge for depth. People complained about the seven man rotation against the Warriors last year, but did they really want to play Nene, Ryno, and Joe Johnson more? We could use those guys against a team like Minnesota, but they were totally unplayable against GS. Even the minutes we gave LMM were a total disaster because of his injury.

This year, almost everyone on our bench is in their 20s and none of them are total stiffs. Tucker no longer needs to play center. Hopefully, Shumpert finds his form so that we aren't burned by super quick guards anymore. Personally, I'd like to bring EGo off the bench again. Having ten guys that can be in the rotation against the champs is huge. I don't think we're as good of a team as last year, but we match up better with Golden State this year.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Looks like House's cap hit comes in at around $256,380, which would leave us at about $402,000 under the tax provided we let Terrence go today. And provided Capela doesn't hit his personal incentives (both are getting close to impossible), that would give us an additional $500,000 to use on April 10 if we wanted to use part of the MLE.

@BimaThug feel free to jump in here anytime. I've been waiting.

I could easily see one (possibly 2) of McRoberts, Speights, Brandan Wright, Arthur, Casspi, Gortat, Nick Young, Rush, or Smoove added to the roster in April at the minimum salary if they agreed to partial guarantee dates for next season.

Also there's several possible Euro adds.

In any case, I'll be surprised if Terrence isn't gone today. And I'll be surprised if we don't add at least one more player to this roster in April.

#317 basketballholic, Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  18. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does the addition of House help us overcome Capela in our championship hopes?

Vivi, Deuce, apollo33 and 1 other person like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol man he doesn't need to get jump started. stop it

joshuaao, Vivi and Easy like this.
  20. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Two comments:

1) Through the years, among things that I have learned, is that, 99% is not 100%.
    2) Not so fast holic. Please no talk of April yet. I'm still feverishly waiting for one of Butler/Kawhi/Winslow/Oubre to come on board in March.

topfive likes this.