1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Dantoni] Post CP3 Rotation for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 25, 2018.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That would be insane

KiwiRoxFan and hakeem94 like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY, first of all. Childish and pouty-mouthed of me, but there it is.

I don’t know if this is more of an I-don’t-trust-you-to-trust-yourself situation from the coach, or if Ryan Anderson is nursing an injury (the Rockets are good about hiding these things; see also, Working to get his way back into the rotation, Motiejunas is). Maybe the matchup isn’t great, but didn’t Ryan actually not suck against the Warriors during the regular season (which, I know, is less intense than what we have now, but still).

We have to see Ryan Anderson this next game. Hafta. We just hafta. Don’t run the main guys into the ground in case this has to go to a seventh game.

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

This is actual the perfect time. From what I see, depending on the score, we will get to see JJ, Ryno, LUC, and possibly some NeNe. We are in a win win situation here. We actually have a reason to stretch the rotation, but also go into the game with a reason to lose (no cp3, at Oracle, iggy may be back). Why would MDA not see who is ready to compete in meaningful minutes. If all else fails we lose and we tighten back up the rotation in a Game 7 at home...

4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Road Ryno needs to make some shots

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  5. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Gerald green about to make it rain in game 6

6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Hate losing that punch off the bench but I don't think you can put anyone except Anderson in and I'm not sure that's a good idea -- though I want him to be the 7th or 8th guy now.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Would be nice if jj playoffs show up tomorrow

8. JW86

JW86 Member

We’ve won with a small rotation, but has not playing a deep bench now come back to bite us in the ass?

9. Voltik

Voltik Member

From Game 6, only players off the bench can be Gordon, Green, and LMM (only if CP3 doesn’t play). Everyone else will have to wait for the finals or next season.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Playing more of the bench would not have made that huge of a difference. Ryan and Luc were given their opportunity earlier in the playoffs to get out of their funks, but have produced miserably. At this point, Dantoni has to run with the guys that have played well. Running Nene or Joe is not going to have much of impact, those guys are just too slow to guard anyone effectively and their offense would probably not make up for their short comings.

I know the usual solution to everything in Clutchfans is to throw different players in there, but we are going to game 7 of the conference finals, I think you roll with what you got and just stagger the minutes so each guy gets some rest. None of the people glued to the bench will make a difference.

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No it hasn't. We've won 3 games against the defending champs with a chance to move on at home tomorrow. How is this some mistake that D'Antoni made? That makes no sense at all. We're in a great place right now because of his coaching and how the players have responded to his coaching.

We just need a fair shot in the final game. No more b.s. Warriors calls where they get the benefit of the doubt. Allow both teams to play and find out who is better. No cheap shots, no crooked calls, just the best team allowed to shine. That team is Houston.

12. Mr. Space City

can't play ryno or islow joe.

ryno doesn't want to shoot anymore and the corpse of joe johnson doesn't have the footspeed for this series.

MyLateRegistration likes this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We've got to find someone else that can but up . Please Luc or Ryan or even joe ... do some cocaine before game 7 and come out with some confidence