1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dantoni] Post CP3 Rotation for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 25, 2018.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

There you go MDA, without CP3, bring out everybody and see what they got. Even Anderson could surprise us with a road Ryno performance.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Even though MDA says he will play 9 players, Harden has to play 40+ minutes IMO..

EGO cannot be left on the floor without a ball handler, that means Luc (or JOE!!!) has to play with EGO.

GG just shot that sh-t and continue to scrap.

If I see Iso Joe in the post play making it will be amazing.. This might be the game Joe wins for the Rockets..

3. blackistan

blackistan Member

If Anderson wasn't such a liability for us (while getting paid crazy) coach would have even more to work with, at this point I play JJ and hope he comes through clutch as he has in the past. I'd give JJ a chance over Anderson

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

They even need rods up their asses to be able to stand lol

5. s3ts

s3ts Member

what i thought was really key to game 5 was all the timely time-outs that MDA took.

i was so happy the way MDA timed them, i was yelling every time there was a time-out because he's just that good at calling it. perfect at giving rest to the key veteran players.

6. Soneca

Soneca Member

I'd like to see Luc getting sub'd in early in place of PJ, as EGo is getting in these last games. Get Luc while he's still set from warm up. If he was regular season Luc, I'll be all in to start him. He's too insecure though, we can't give up an early lead otherwise I think we may fold and wait for game 7. I want us to scare them in the begining so Durant can be Durant, the soft cupcake he is.

s3ts likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

No...... Luc needs to suck it up and trust his shoulder. If it pops out, it pops out...... this is the time that the Rockets need him.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

BigMaloe, hakeem94, Smacktle and 3 others like this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They may HAVE to play IsoJoe just to have a ball handler on the court.

Get off to a hot start. The Rockets have actually played very well in the Harden led minutes this series despite the narratives. In multiple games he had the lead going to the bench and the team gave it up.

Game 6 is the game to experiment and try to find something that works in case we get to game 7.

10. s3ts

s3ts Member

cupcake... :) i see what you did there.

hakeem94 and arubato like this.
  11. jboslett

jboslett Member

I wouldn’t be shocked to see just GG and Luc, just because of defensive reasons. In our switch everything scheme, these two are the only two that can survive. Ryan and NeNe are definite targets, and I would probably lump JJ right there with them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

"Did we win?"

RocketsTerps, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Fresh legs -- we can win one game without CP3.

whiskeyred and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love the expanded rotation approach with CP3 out. You need to figure out who is going to contribute on any given night. You cant just pick 1 guy who may or may not pan out. You'll need a spark.

dcfma, hakeem94 and snowconeman22 like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Really hoping coach will run Luc, Anderson and even Ne for a few minutes.

Just have this weird feeling the Rockets shock everyone and win this game. Please!!!!!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luc/Green
    Ryno/JJ
    Nene/Black

*Antonio expression is brilliant.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

"We came in with a goal to beat the warriors and accomplished it, we are going to the NBA finals!"

18. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If the basketball gods have a sense of fairness they will let us have one of those ungodly shooting nights where we hit 22-43 from 3. WE DESERVE THE DAMN BREAK. And f it. Give Ryno some burn. Dude was lighting it up at Oracle the past couple of years.

macho GRANDE, dcfma, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  19. rocketstrike

rocketstrike Member

I still really believe this team can do it.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Amazing to me that D'Antoni got this team to the best record in the NBA, breezed through the first two rounds of the playoffs and is now 1 win away from the Finals and people on here are still complaining about his rotations. We have EEKED out 2 wins against Golden State. We needed every drop of sweat those guys had, every minute they could give. If we traded even one minute of those guys for someone else that could have cost the game.

You Play. To Win. The Game!

The team knows what's up. Every one on that team is prepared to die on the court. They want it bad. Coach wants it bad.

Rest when your dead.